Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:

SJ, you are a mechanical engineer so you can open a repairing shop near your home, that will give you enough time to look after your family. Besides, if you employ me in your garage (I am also an engineer) you can spend enough time looking after your family :) 

Even if SJ is a mechanical engineer, there is a lot to be seen.

Is he deriving pleasure out of his job?

Has he chosen his profession willingly or just for earning a liveli hood?

If he really enjoys his job, he need not think about change. With a little bit of adjustment here and there, he can get best of the two worlds.

In all, unless SJ provides all the answers, it's not possible to guide him.

SJ is a senior manager in one of the best multinationals in NCR of India. He starts such topics just to gain sympathy. I will not mention it here his company owes me lot of money that I lost buying their shares a couple of years before. :). As Vijay has rightly mentioned, the private companies pay good but they suck blood esp of their sincere workers (careless ones do not survive for long).

Obviously SJ wants to have a good pay and perks and enough time to enjoy life. I think one cannot have both. It's here SJ has to weigh the things and come to a decision. As the saying goes,"One cannot have the cake and eat it too."

Yes one cannot have both things together but there may be way out by which I may have a balance in my life.

Sanjeev Gupta wrote:
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:

SJ, you are a mechanical engineer so you can open a repairing shop near your home, that will give you enough time to look after your family. Besides, if you employ me in your garage (I am also an engineer) you can spend enough time looking after your family :) 

Even if SJ is a mechanical engineer, there is a lot to be seen.

Is he deriving pleasure out of his job?

Has he chosen his profession willingly or just for earning a liveli hood?

If he really enjoys his job, he need not think about change. With a little bit of adjustment here and there, he can get best of the two worlds.

In all, unless SJ provides all the answers, it's not possible to guide him.

SJ is a senior manager in one of the best multinationals in NCR of India. He starts such topics just to gain sympathy. I will not mention it here his company owes me lot of money that I lost buying their shares a couple of years before. :). As Vijay has rightly mentioned, the private companies pay good but they suck blood esp of their sincere workers (careless ones do not survive for long).

Obviously SJ wants to have a good pay and perks and enough time to enjoy life. I think one cannot have both. It's here SJ has to weigh the things and come to a decision. As the saying goes,"One cannot have the cake and eat it too."

Yes one cannot have both things together but there may be way out by which I may have a balance in my life.

That way with which you can have a balanced life should be discovered by you alone by trial and error.

Sanjeev Gupta wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Start your own business dealing with Web development and other related jobs. Delegate powers to one experienced colleague. This must give both rest as well as job satisfaction. This issubject to your courage and conviction. Anyhow, had you given your specialities, I'd have given you more specific solution.

I am not a software engineer. Moreover to start my own business will be risk and at present when my family needs are growing I can't afford to take risks.

Ok. It doesn't matter whether you are a software engineer or otherwise. Risk is everywhere.Even in your bathroom, there are risks. That doesn't mean you stop taking bath. You have to venture, if you want to shoot ahead.

I know one has to take risks to emerge as a winner but I am afraid of taking them. May be I need to take it at later stage..

If you cannot now, later on as you said that your family is growing, it's still difficult to take chances.

SJ should also clarify whether his wife is also working. 

vijay wrote:

SJ should also clarify whether his wife is also working. 

No my wife is not working. She looks after home and kids although she is educated well and is post graduate in English.

The way in which we select different ingredients to make the food spicy and tasty, one has to choose all those things which make his life blissful. This is life. Especially, the individual concerned should make it possible according to his views and objectives. Others may suggest some plans, but ultimately it's your own plan that stands.

Welcome to the world! Sanjeev, this is a reality of life that almost all of us have to go through. You can make a difference to your life by thinking positively and making certain changes that will help you get more time to spend with your family.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: rambabu, Sanjeev Gupta

Well said Kalyani. As you said, life patterns change with time. And along with those patterns we too should change with adjustments here and there, in order to reap the fruits of life

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, Sanjeev Gupta
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.