Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
rambabu wrote:

Well said Kalyani. As you said, life patterns change with time. And along with those patterns we too should change with adjustments here and there, in order to reap the fruits of life

Well said sir, that's how we can have the cake and eat it at the same time too :)

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

@ Sunil. Yes, definitely one can have the cake and eat it too by adopting to frequentlychanging times..

rambabu wrote:

@ Sunil. Yes, definitely one can have the cake and eat it too by adopting to frequentlychanging times..

True...only by changing ourselves and making adjustments can we be happy and contented. For example, had I chosen to put my little son in the creche and kept on working, not only our domestic life would have been disrupted, but I could not have given my 100% at my work also. It would have meant constant unhappiness for everyone involved so I chose to stay home. Financially we did fall back a little, but that has given us plenty to be happy about. So one must also be willing to make certain sacrifices from time to time.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

@ Kalyani. What is a little shortage of finance before your satisfaction that gave you immeasurable happiness of seeing your child growing?

Money can be counted, but not your happiness. Congratulations for your wise decision.

rambabu wrote:

@ Kalyani. What is a little shortage of finance before your satisfaction that gave you immeasurable happiness of seeing your child growing?

Money can be counted, but not your happiness. Congratulations for your wise decision.

Exactly....but if we try to keep up with others, like wanting to visit malls every weekend, watch worthless movies for exorbitant tickets, etc. etc. then we cannot be expected to be happy!

Happiness is a state of mind irrespective of expenditure quantums and calculated sacrifices. 

vijay wrote:

Happiness is a state of mind irrespective of expenditure quantums and calculated sacrifices. 

True...couldn't agree with you more on this...but yet, happiness is counted now in terms of money that a person earns.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Exactly....but if we try to keep up with others, like wanting to visit malls every weekend, watch worthless movies for exorbitant tickets, etc. etc. then we cannot be expected to be happy!

It was the same with me I gave up my bank job when my first daughter was born and then with two other children were born I had to become a full time home maker...I cannot say that I was happy and content being a housewife but there was no other go...I took up teaching after they grew up and now feel that what I did was right and definitely worth it !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
vijay wrote:

True...couldn't agree with you more on this...but yet, happiness is counted now in terms of money that a person earns.

same with us, my wife resigned her lecturar's post while we were expecting our daughter and never joined again. When my daughter went off to BITS Pilani, I reduced my traveling activities despite having to settle for lesser money but that way I could give more time to my household. I found my additional income in my online activities. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Welcome to the world! Sanjeev, this is a reality of life that almost all of us have to go through. You can make a difference to your life by thinking positively and making certain changes that will help you get more time to spend with your family.

And I am not able to understand what changes should I do in life.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.