I was shocked today. I was on the way to my home from office today and saw a person lying on the road side and waving his hand. I could not stop my car there as vehicles were passing by at very high speed and I stopped my car around a kilometer distance from there and tried to connect at 100 (police) but to my surprise I could not connect as there was a reply "I am dialing a wrong number".

I came back home and tried 100 number with my wife's mobile and found this time no one was picking phone. It was on the second attempt an attendant picked my phone and filed a complaint.

But now I am thinking how sad it as it took almost an hour to lodge the complaint. I am thinking of that person what would have happened to the person in this time span.

BTW the attendant told me that they will call back only when their PCR won't get the exact location. (hehehe)

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

That's really sad. That number is an important one and people use it in emergency case. And it took that much time respond. What to do in emergency case?

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com

I don't see anything shocking here. Irregularities and malfunctioning of machinery/gadgets are common happenings! Leaving people to their destiny. Help yourself is the only solution.

Thank you said by: Sanjeev Gupta
AKP wrote:

That's really sad. That number is an important one and people use it in emergency case. And it took that much time respond. What to do in emergency case?

That's what I am thinking. I called customer care too in that time span but they didn't respond satisfactorily.

How to help when things go malfunctioning?. Such an important number does not get connect what else we can expect bad in life.

rambabu wrote:

I don't see anything shocking here. Irregularities and malfunctioning of machinery/gadgets are common happenings! Leaving people to their destiny. Help yourself is the only solution.

He said first time no one has picked up the phone.. Don't you think it is shocking? Such emergency phones are not getting response on first time it is worse thing itself.

Not at all shocking. Because, I always expect the unexpected. I had bitter experiences with such irregularities. Had I been in his position I would have called a taxi or better I'd have called police emergency. I keep at least two alternatives when I'm on the road or any mode of journey.

rambabu wrote:

Not at all shocking. Because, I always expect the unexpected. I had bitter experiences with such irregularities. Had I been in his position I would have called a taxi or better I'd have called police emergency. I keep at least two alternatives when I'm on the road or any mode of journey.

Sir, I am not getting you here. 100 is police emergency number. And if such calls are not getting picked up at once then this is shocking thing for me.

You are taking it as normal then this is another shocker for me. 

Thank you said by: Sanjeev Gupta

Why I'm taking such failures as not shocking ,the reasons were already given. Such failures are not uncommon. Do you think dialing 100 is the only way to deal with emergencies. Even a common traffic police man, who are seen everywhere can be approached for help. Standing helplessly without any action is not my way of acting. Even a helping car traveller can be requested for help. I used this method when I failed to connect 100. If there is a will, there is a way.

I am not talking about what other alternatives were there.. I am just telling that if someone is not taking our call on first place on emergency numbers then it is not normal thing. That's it.

What I expressed is my opinion. My way of dealing with emergencies and my non dependence on established methods without getting shocked. That's all.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.