This is upsetting when you like a person you lose him/her. I have colleague cum friend. Basically he is a subordinate and learned everything from me at work and we have a good bonding in last 2 years and have been friends more then a boss or subordinate relation. Everything was moving fine till today when top management asked him to go to Thailand as they need a person there. He agreed as he is in need of money and he will get better salary there but I have a mixed feeling as I am happy that he will grow better and it's indirectly me who's appreciated by the management as he learned everything from me but one bitter fact is I am hurt as I have lost one of my best friend. I don't know how I may be able to fill that void which he will leave when he will go away from my life as I know once a person go far the relationship also gets affected.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

That is life, Sanjeev, people come and go all the time. Change is the only thing that is permanent. Even though your friend and colleague is going away, that doesn't mean you are losing a friend. With help of technology you can always stay in contact, of course, it is not the same. But then consider it also as a test of your friendship, if it is true, you will remain friends forever!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Sanjeev Gupta

P.S. It happens not only to you, but everyone else. I too have lost many such friends in all these years and so may have others in the forum. To cheer you up, me and a bunch of my close friends in college recently got together after 20 long years and we felt the same connection. We are now enjoying our friendship now even more than we did back then!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

It's not only you but all of us face this situation in real life. The life goes on the friends come and go but the real one stay forever, distance not taken into account.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

True.. That's the life.

SJ.. This is what happens when we emotionally attach with anyone, and this can be any person in our life. Yes there would be mix feeling for you right now as he is getting success as well and he is leaving you too. Just be in touch with you with technology and it will be fine. 

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com

It should be taken into your stride. You made a person who is professionally in an envious position. Even the management appreciated you. Take this opportunity to train up more professionally efficien people. It gives you a satisfaction and leads to your happiness.

@Rambabu I am not envious but upset temporarily and I know things will get better itself with the time. I agree with kalyani said ''change is permanent''.

Sanjeev Gupta wrote:

@Rambabu I am not envious but upset temporarily and I know things will get better itself with the time. I agree with kalyani said ''change is permanent''.

I didn't say that you are envious. I said you moulded a person who has a professional Excellence. For your commendable efforts you received appreciations from your top management. You should be proud of your achievement.

But I never knew that moulding a person will cost that much (kidding). It's OK I know it happens when we are emotionally attached with a person and gets well with the time. Adaptability is what required to be happy in life.

He is equally attached I know he may have declined the offer if may not be having financial crisis and some social responsibilities.

Naturally. a strong relationship was formed between you and him. But he has his own reasons like financial problems, and a scope for growth in future are some of the reasons for accepting the offer.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.