I have to go to a marriage party today which is to be held in the best of the place of east Delhi. I know marriage is one of the biggest event of life. But then too wasting money like water is it right? 

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Hi SJ... In our country people used to spend money on such events. Even I thinks wasting too much money on it is not worth. It should be like small family function than inviting whole town.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
AKP wrote:

Hi SJ... In our country people used to spend money on such events. Even I thinks wasting too much money on it is not worth. It should be like small family function than inviting whole town.

These are the days, people's attitude is changing drastically towards marriage. Have you not seen the post posted by Usha Manohar consisting of the latest landmark verdict on cohabitation ? Living together for a long time itself is enough  to make the couple Man and wife.
In Tamilnadu, recently, there was a movement which questioned the importance of Mangal Sutra. All these incidents say that Marriage itself is a waste. And you are talking about marriage parties.

rambabu wrote:
AKP wrote:

These are the days, people's attitude is changing drastically towards marriage. Have you not seen the post posted by Usha Manohar consisting of the latest landmark verdict on cohabitation ? Living together for a long time itself is enough  to make the couple Man and wife.
In Tamilnadu, recently, there was a movement which questioned the importance of Mangal Sutra. All these incidents say that Marriage itself is a waste. And you are talking about marriage parties.

Sir, we can't just say marriage itself waste because of few incidents. Its an important thing.

Yes I have read that post you are talking about, but not all people believe in that. I mean still most of the people in our country goes for traditional way for for having life partner by marriage. 

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com

Let me know about your opinion. Why we should talk about others' opinions? This is the forum for exchange of views. Usha's post says about the verdict of Apex court. This means, judiciary is convinced that ritualistic marriage is not necessary to declare that a man and woman are married.

There is no problem with conducting marriage rituals and having a celebratory party with close friends and family and relatives. But when these celebrations crosses the boundaries of decency and becomes a vulgar exhibition of money and power, then it becomes quite upsetting. eg. in the recent news, we have heard and seen the kind of celebrations that happened during the wedding ceremonies of sons and daughters of politicians where crores and crores of money was wasted on food and other extravaganza. It just shows that during such times, these people have simply no sense of responsibility or sensitivity.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

The people who shout at the top of their vocal level claiming themselves as Massiha of poor and carriying forward the legacy of socilism are the ones who are spending most levishly. I saw Shivpal Singh yadawa brother of Mulayam Singh and a minister in UP wearing a big Gold Mukukut gifted by farmers. Incidentally the UP governments' cheques have been bounced paid as compansation to farmers (worth rs 50-60-75-100)

Every one knows Mulayam Singh Took BAARAT of his grand son to Delhi by 2 aeroplanes held in best 5 star hotel of capital with lalu Yadav's daughter . That much for the socilists and reformers of this country. They speak big, eat big and involve in big scams.

Incidentally, I prefer the marriages south Indian style held in temples although millions are involved in marriages of ceratin communities of south India also.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

@Sunil. You are aware that South India is known for its strict adherence to traditional marriages. In this background, even in South India, a transformation started surfacing pertaining to Marriages. Very recently, a strong movement took place which questioned the significance and relevance of Mangal Sutra. On that day 100 married woman thrown away their Mangal Sutras. This clearly says that the change started taking place especially in the field of Marriages and meaningless extravagance..

rambabu wrote:

@Sunil. You are aware that South India is known for its strict adherence to traditional marriages. In this background, even in South India, a transformation started surfacing pertaining to Marriages. Very recently, a strong movement took place which questioned the significance and relevance of Mangal Sutra. On that day 100 married woman thrown away their Mangal Sutras. This clearly says that the change started taking place especially in the field of Marriages and meaningless extravagance..

Change is indeed taking place in many spheres and ways. I have not much idea about what happens in TN or AP but I have seen many Kerala marriages where dowry is indeed a great deal and the bride is decked up in heavy gold jewellery from head to toe. It is said that quite a few kilogrammes of gold is given away to the bride. A close friend;s wedding I attended a few years ago, the poor girl was unable to stand up straight due to the weight of the gold on her body. And even today, my Keralite friends have assured me, this craze for gold is increasing even more! Now isn't this the kind of extravagance we frown upon?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Certainly an act of extravagance and capital wastage. I support your views on meaningless marriage rituals.

If one really does come in time and know the rituals and tradition and follow them it is not a waste of time but unfortunately marriage had become an event of display of prosperity and status which is why money on marriages is a sheer waste.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.