As a nation I find that most Indians have no social manners , even the so called educated ones - they break ques, pass through a door you have opened for yourself without even looking at you or thanking you , may be even knocking you down and of course absolutely no consideration for the elderly in any public place.I travel by bus every day to my school and at times the bus is packed in the morning and  if a old  person comes in , no one helps out by either making room for them to steady themselves and very few offer seats to them...It is the same everywhere and you feel disappointed at times especially when you visit and compare things abroad where they are so very considerate in every way.they may have other faults but their  behavior in  public places and manners are impeccable ..I guess we have a long way to go before we come up to that level.I find our villagers better behaved in many respects !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Exactly what I feel on this topic. Most of us do not have civic sense that makes or breaks a country. Sometimes I feel we are too selfish or like to be ruled by martial law. We do not follow rules unless someone is watching us and instructing us to follow the rules with powers in his hands.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: usha manohar
suni51 wrote:

Exactly what I feel on this topic. Most of us do not have civic sense that makes or breaks a country. Sometimes I feel we are too selfish or like to be ruled by martial law. We do not follow rules unless someone is watching us and instructing us to follow the rules with powers in his hands.

Very true Sunil because Indians , when they visit foreign places know how to follow rules although some of them who are beyond repair ,stand out like a sore thumb even there ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: suni51
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

Very true Sunil because Indians , when they visit foreign places know how to follow rules although some of them who are beyond repair ,stand out like a sore thumb even there ..

I have seen such Indians in Canada, Australia and Dubai or wherever I went during my stay in different countries. And then they complain about beating and all in other countries. Most of the time the Indians are responsible for bad treatment they get for their loose behavior. 

Not Following the rules is something which is inherent in an Indian barring a few. Another aspect you see in the trains. One lifts away my magazine without bothering to say a word to me. It's not all. After scanning he passes it on to another, then to another . And ultimately when I look got my mag, I have to go all the way till the last seat in the compartment only to see the other gentleman (?) sleeping with my magazine under his head. HEY RAM !!!

rambabu wrote:

Not Following the rules is something which is inherent in an Indian barring a few. Another aspect you see in the trains. One lifts away my magazine without bothering to say a word to me. It's not all. After scanning he passes it on to another, then to another . And ultimately when I look got my mag, I have to go all the way till the last seat in the compartment only to see the other gentleman (?) sleeping with my magazine under his head. HEY RAM !!!

You're lucky you got your magazine back, if you travel in Bihar they tear pages and distribute among other passengers, Jai Ram Ji ki.

suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

You're lucky you got your magazine back, if you travel in Bihar they tear pages and distribute among other passengers, Jai Ram Ji ki.

My god! I'm really lucky. If a situation comes when I'm required to travel in Bihar, I'll not buy a mag. Lucky you warned me.

rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

My god! I'm really lucky. If a situation comes when I'm required to travel in Bihar, I'll not buy a mag. Lucky you warned me.

It is the same when people borrow books from you, they either return it after months or years , never in the same condition as it was or dont return at all...I have lost so many books and now never give books to anyone except my own  close family because relatives and even some friends have been ver lax in returning stuff they borrow , be it books, a saree or a handbag ..

usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

It is the same when people borrow books from you, they either return it after months or years , never in the same condition as it was or dont return at all...I have lost so many books and now never give books to anyone except my own  close family because relatives and even some friends have been ver lax in returning stuff they borrow , be it books, a saree or a handbag ..

There is a saying, Pustakam, vanita para hastam gatam gataha. A book and a woman once leave you, will not come back. Which is why I stopped lending my books long ago.

As a rule, Indians lack manners especially when in public. I remember an incident when our clients had taken me and my colleague out for dinner while in UK. Now they had specifically asked us beforehand if we liked Italian food and we had said yes so we went to an Italian restaurant. After the food arrived and we started eating, my colleague had the first mouthful of pasta and immediately wrinkled her face in disgust saying that the pasta had no salt. She did know that people there do not add salt to most dishes so she could have politely asked for some. Instead the way she made faces totally put off our client who was a quite senior manager. This is the reason why Indians are mostly looked at with disgust by others.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

As a rule, Indians lack manners especially when in public. I remember an incident when our clients had taken me and my colleague out for dinner while in UK. Now they had specifically asked us beforehand if we liked Italian food and we had said yes so we went to an Italian restaurant. After the food arrived and we started eating, my colleague had the first mouthful of pasta and immediately wrinkled her face in disgust saying that the pasta had no salt. She did know that people there do not add salt to most dishes so she could have politely asked for some. Instead the way she made faces totally put off our client who was a quite senior manager. This is the reason why Indians are mostly looked at with disgust by others.

Absolutely Kalyani, most Indians are not subtle at all, they have to show exaggerated mannerisms and be loud in their talk...I remember an incident when we took a train up Jungfrau in Switzerland and there is a continuous very interesting commentary by the driver / guide who stops and tells us about the different spots and also there are people wanting to get off at certain spots and walk up or down through a path made for trekkers and cyclists. There was a Chinese lady who wanted to get off at a certain point and walk up the mountain.

There was a group of Indian tourists who were eating and speaking loudly all the time screaming to one another drowning the comments of the driver and also the Chinese lady could not get off where she wanted and understandably she was very annoyed ...It reflects so poorly on us, only think of ourselves, so very selfish !

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.