Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

It is no use harping and arguing amongst us guys. As long as we know the correct protocol and stick to it diligently, there is no problem. Let us all take equal responsibility of keeping the site clean from spam.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: rambabu, suni51

Kalyani, this is NO argument but I am trying to say that we should stay away from funny questions and forum posts.having no proper facts.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
suni51 wrote:

Kalyani, this is NO argument but I am trying to say that we should stay away from funny questions and forum posts.having no proper facts.

That is exactly why I raised the topic to get everyone's attention.

Thank you said by: suni51

I find this discussion a little infructuous. Frankly it's not required to be read by all and sundry. In case admin feels a question is a spam or something, its better to delete it quietly, though I am of the view that in any forum there is nothing like spam when you have an open discussion or Q & A session( except if a participant gets abusive)

MG Singh wrote:

I find this discussion a little infructuous. Frankly it's not required to be read by all and sundry. In case admin feels a question is a spam or something, its better to delete it quietly, though I am of the view that in any forum there is nothing like spam when you have an open discussion or Q & A session( except if a participant gets abusive)

There is a need to discuss this topic since it has been frequent and recurring problem for us. I think it has happened for the first time since you joined. There are many kinds of spam one of which you have mentioned (being abusive). But from our viewpoint, when someone comes here and indiscriminately starts meaningless topics or simply clicks on numerous articles one after another, etc. just for the sake of accumulating points, it is spam for us. This is because we all believe in fair play and indulging in unfair means is strictly spam.

Thank you said by: usha manohar
I agree with kalyani. But I feel there should be an option for us to report such spam responses in the forums like it used to be in the past. Or could you tell me the way how should I report them.
Sanjeev Gupta wrote:I agree with kalyani. But I feel there should be an option for us to report such spam responses in the forums like it used to be in the past. Or could you tell me the way how should I report them.
The best way of reporting spam is to post it and say what you have to say...Of course , some members may not want to openly do so !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Sanjeev Gupta wrote:I agree with kalyani. But I feel there should be an option for us to report such spam responses in the forums like it used to be in the past. Or could you tell me the way how should I report them.
The best way of reporting spam is to post it and say what you have to say...Of course , some members may not want to openly do so !
Definitely. Why one should come open to report  spam. ? Why not restart that old and useful features like " Report to the Moderator" and PM are restarted ? These features are useful. And they help in reporting spammers very effectively.

I am sure Maverick would be working on reinstating the Report feature which we had earlier. By clicking on which you can report a post which is spam. But since that is not working, it may take some time for such activity to be noticed. Nowadays most administrators are usually online at most times of the day, in case no one is there, I would be glad to receive such notices on my email id: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Sunil and Gulshan too can share their ids, of course, it depends on them. But either way, if any of us notices such activities, rest assured it will be taken care of.

Thank you said by: Sanjeev Gupta

There is need of change in many things. I hope admin is reading this thread and will do the needful. I will mail him my personal suggestions too. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.