I am sure most Indians would have eaten a thali meal at some time or the other. There are so many different varieties of thali meals depending on the region. Here is a list of 13 different kinds of mouthwatering Thali meals from across India. As one person pointed out , Bengali thali has been left out by the writer ! Which would be your favorite thali among the list ?

http://www.holidayiq.com/blog/13-ultimate-indian-thalis-you-should-try-atleast-once-your-lifetime-1012.html?channel=social_fb&medium=paid&type=normal

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Though I love Andhra Thali which is  full of rice as mentioned Sambhar is not a Andhra delicasy. Instead it's CHARU or RASAM. I like to add Roti to the Thali on alternate days. I'm also a lover of Bengali food, Charchari, which is made with small Fish pieces. Another item I like is Punjabi Thali. Sarson Saag and Makkai Di roti.

Thank you said by: usha manohar

Mouthwatering thalis, starting feel hungry just looking at the photos! Although I must point out that there are again different kinds of thalis in one state. A Maharashtrian thali, for example could be again a veg thali which is different in the plateau region, as in Pune and surroundings, a different one with totally different tastes and dishes in Vidarbha or Marathwada and different in Kolhapur, Konkan etc.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Different people at different places have different taste.  I like Rajasthani Thali - "Daal Bati" with Desi Ghee. Daal - Baati and Churma is famous dish of Rajasthan. This dish is prepared on various occasions in Rajasthan. 

http://www.comparenshop.in

Even within Karnataka there are different food preferences and thalis- in Mangalore we get both vegetarian thali and fish thali and in the north Karnataka they have thali with Corn rotis, rice and vegetables whereas in places like Mandya and chitradurga they eat Ragi mudde , another delicacy of this region. From all the different thalis I have ever eaten 3 stand out - one is the thali served in Bangalore woodlands, actually on a banana leaf , which is very tasty comprising of many different veg preparations , chapatis, dosas and rice...Another one was @ Ahemedabad , a gujrato thali served in a restaurant called Sasuji and it was really something...I have uploaded a picture I took of the thali after it was served.Then there is a non vegetarian , fish thali served at Mangalore in a restaurant called Kudla, which is another great tasting Thali !

400957_2_DSC02891.JPG (You do not have access to download this file.)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

It's not uncommon to see variations in the same state. Hyderabadi Thali is a mixture of Muslim and Telangana preparations. In Rayalaseemawhere Bajra is abundantly available , most of the preparations are Bajra based. In coastal areas, most of the preparations are Fish and Dry fish based.

very nice list. However Here I know of only Puri bhaji thali and another rice chaqpati vegetables and dal.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Owing to vastness of the country, it's difficult to know about the regional delicacies , unless one is a frequent traveller. In many cosmopolitan cities, most of the preparations from different states are available. For example Chennai is one such place, where you can get preparations from many states. And the respective states maintain these eateries.

Bangalore probably has the maximum number of restaurants from all over India and abroad.There are Thalis available from all south Indian states - besides Bengali, Gujrati, Punjabi,Kashmiri and the north eastern states...

True. I had been to  Bengaluru several times and I found the preparations of all the states. Even in Vizag, AP you can find the preparations of all states. The reason is its the headquartersif Easter Naval Command and it consists of naval people from all over India.

usha manohar wrote:

Bangalore probably has the maximum number of restaurants from all over India and abroad.There are Thalis available from all south Indian states - besides Bengali, Gujrati, Punjabi,Kashmiri and the north eastern states...

Most metro and cosmo cities now have places where you food from around the world. Pune too has very good quality restaurants and eateries where you get food from all the states of the country as well as continental, Chinese, Italian, Spanish etc. Current trend here now is thalis served in sterling silver utensils! Quite an in thing now.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.