We see some people perpetually praising themselves and their deeds , psycho analysts have an explanation for this behavior which may not be just self confidence but cockiness that is derived from other external sources rather than from  their self worth  ..

http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2012/12/26/the-fine-line-between-self-confidence-cockiness/

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

It is true. There is a great difference between the confident and the cocky. Confident people are wise. They will not boast about their achievements. But cocky people, though self-confident, always praise themselves, with some kind of arrogance. There are many such people around us, declaring aloud that they are the 'Mr. Perfect'.

Thank you said by: usha manohar

Very true, as soon as a person begins boasting, he gives himself out. In the process of self parsing he utters something which invariably shows his true colors.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I guess a little cockiness is seen in all youngsters because they are still very naive and beginning to learn things ...They become super confident and boastful when they get some success.It is good for their ego but it must not become a habit that carries forward into their adult and mature years..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Personally speaking, I always told my juniors (in marketing department) to refrain from self boasting and listen to others carefully before opening their mouth. Lots of knowledge comes simply by listening to others. Besides one gets and presents his own point better if he is attentive and not self centered.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
suni51 wrote:

Personally speaking, I always told my juniors (in marketing department) to refrain from self boasting and listen to others carefully before opening their mouth. Lots of knowledge comes simply by listening to others. Besides one gets and presents his own point better if he is attentive and not self centered.

That is very true ! I have a student who comes from a rich pampered background and is boastful expecting teachers and others to make much of him ... I have been trying to tone him down but the parents make matters worse ...He is an intelligent student and this one weakness in him can make him unpopular ..

Thank you said by: suni51

A self confident person always accommodates other persons views A person of cockiness  is arrogant. There is no place in him for others views. He is a bulldozer.

RAMAKRISHNAN. A wrote:

It is true. There is a great difference between the confident and the cocky. Confident people are wise. They will not boast about their achievements. But cocky people, though self-confident, always praise themselves, with some kind of arrogance. There are many such people around us, declaring aloud that they are the 'Mr. Perfect'.

These so called Mr Perfects get completely ruffled the moment someone points out some mistake or speaks against their views,never have the grace to accept their faults, which is a sure sign of lack of self confidence .If you are confident of yourself, you also realise that you can never be Mr Perfect and there is always scope for learning and bettering yourself ..

Thank you said by: RAMAKRISHNAN. A

Confident people are always ready to  learn. For them learning is a lifelong process. They know it sttarts from cradle and ends only in the grave yard. These people are blessed with the great quality of Humility..

@Usha

I see an antit

@Usha

Interestingly there is an antithetical relationship between these two. When selfconfidence is at its nadir it gives way to cockiness. It nothing but a self-deceiving exercise to cover up one's confidence deficit!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.