Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Exactly. Cockiness is a self deceiving exercise. The line is very thin between self confidence and cockiness.. Cockiness is more about self praising. sing their own praises at every work or social opportunity.

Self confidence and humility both make a successful personality. Oneneeds to present himself well but he should not boast unnecessarily. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: usha manohar, suni51
chinmoymukherjee wrote:

@Usha

Interestingly there is an antithetical relationship between these two. When selfconfidence is at its nadir it gives way to cockiness. It nothing but a self-deceiving exercise to cover up one's confidence deficit!

I agree ...From what I have experienced most of these bragards have some inferiority complex somewhere deep within them and like you said they carry on in a self deceiving exercise.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Additionally fear of failure makes these people cover their weaknesses.

" Bragging comes from a lack of self-confidence and a desire for external approval. Conversely, genuine modesty is a characteristic of someone who is secure with who they are. People who brag are calling attention to themselves because they don’t feel worthy of respect. It’s like wearing a sign that says “please notice me and tell me that I am special?

The braggart is not the high-spirited bon vivant that he imagines himself/herself to be.In contrast to a lively conversationalist ,the braggart speaks in all directions at once, soon making contradictory statements.The typical braggart has no authority on any topic, nor is he/she believed by anyone. Whether he/she realizes it or not, no one takes him/her seriously. "

This is how psycho analysts have sketched the personality traits of a braggart !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

A self assured man is a good listener. He allows others to air their views. Whereas  braggart makes his way. by bulldozing. He is dogmatic. He thinks by not  allowing others he has scored over them. A sadistic pleasure he indulges in.

Most braggarts find the need to say things about themselves in flowery language, they like to talk about themselves and their achievements at the smallest opportunity..We see many such people, all around us making noise all the time . 

Self praise is top item in a Braggart's agenda. In this process they go to any length to put their point forward least bothering if the others are hearing or not.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.