Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Any time Chennai and Bangalore are most friendly cities in India for me.

it not like that, that the cities are unfriendly its the human being is unfriendly its the surrounding which makes us uncomfortable and we think that the cities where we staying is unfriendly

bhuyali saroj

It all depends on the person concerned.  I am yet to come across with an unfriendly city. One should be able to exercise utmost patience when he is in a new place. If the person behaves rudely, the response also will be in a rude way.

Though the thread is on Indian cities, but I can speak from Self experience if you do not know French and speak only in English, Paris can be a rude and unfriendly city. 

This why I liked Chennai and Bangalore. The reason is in  both the places people can converse in English, Hindi and Telugu. If you speak in any of these languages, people respond in a friendly manner including cops. Summing up all i would say if speak in a language that is known to them, you are bound to get a friendly help. The opposite happens if you speak in Odiya which is your mother tongue..

rambabu wrote:

This why I liked Chennai and Bangalore. The reason is in  both the places people can converse in English, Hindi and Telugu. If you speak in any of these languages, people respond in a friendly manner including cops. Summing up all i would say if speak in a language that is known to them, you are bound to get a friendly help. The opposite happens if you speak in Odiya which is your mother tongue..

I faced no problems in Rajamundry, Tirunalvalley and Nowgaon (to quote a few) where they spoke no English/Hindi and I spoke no Telgu, Tamil or Assamese but I found the people very friendly everywhere. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

I faced no problems in Rajamundry, Tirunalvalley and Nowgaon (to quote a few) where they spoke no English/Hindi and I spoke no Telgu, Tamil or Assamese but I found the people very friendly everywhere.

I totally agree with you. There are many such cities which are people friendly. That's why the cities mentioned in the link article are not entirely correct.

On the whole we can safely say that a cosmopolitan city is probably the easiest to get along with, since there would be no language problems but may have other problems like arrogant taxi and auto drivers with a mind of their own as to where they want to go, not where the passenger wants to go...This happens all the time in Bangalore and there have been times when in sheer frustration I have asked the auto driver where was he planning to go so that I can adjust to his schedule !! They give you a blank look ... 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Auto drivers' arrogant behaviour is present in every city. They will never give a scope for bargaining. More disgusting is they refuse to use the Meter which is mandatory. Traffic cops though know about these auto drivers will always turn their deaf ears. Because Auto drivers have powerful Unions. That's why commuters have no option but to bow down to their Diktats.

Prepaid service if available is the best way out dealing with such taxi/auto drivers. But auto/taxi driver should not be the only scale of ascertaining  a city's friendliness though. I was amazed to see Jhansi & Jabalpur (the photo in Jabalpur is that of Bhedaghat where no taxi or auto run) in the list and people are simple and cooperative.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.