It is our experience in these forms, we often face dissent leading to unpleasant exchanges.

Here are the ways to avoid such unpleasant situations.

http://www.thehindu.com/features/education/winning-arguments-deftly/article7464363.ece

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Exactly, one must honor the views even if you do not agree with him. Also we should not challenge a member's view points even if we fail to understand them in some cases.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: rambabu

Dogmatism should be the last word in these forums. If the other member fails to get convinced, forcing the member to agree to your opinion is a bad trend and spoils the spirit of forums.

I would rather have a member express his or her opinion forcefully even if it seems downright rude rather than have someone hit below the belt with their supposedly diplomatic yet equally poisonous comments ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Expressing forcefully is a different proposition. Forcing an opinion is different which is undesirable.

rambabu wrote:

Expressing forcefully is a different proposition. Forcing an opinion is different which is undesirable.

No one can do that , one may try to argue that they are right because they feel so, but making the other person change his or her views cannot be done by force unless there is merit ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Normally, I don't like to waste time on endless arguments. But I feel that it is duty and right of everyone to forcefully present his views. If he does not agree with others, he should clearly say so and givin his own arguments. The matter ends there. There is no need to give repeatedly counter arguments and in no case to say any insulting words to any. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Counter arguments are welcome. Bu not holding on to the same point repeatedly. It amounts to dogmatism which is undesirable.

Normally if you feel that your views are right you would repeat them again and again which shows that you believe in what you say and want others to see your view point ! one can see through when the person is being argumentative for the sake of doing so or when there is strength to his/her argument because of the person's firm belief in what he or she is saying..

Yes. It is a question of putting your point of view in the right way

Generally in forum discussions one need not try to win arguments as that is not the purpose. However  when members present same set of biased arguments repeatedly it does become necessary to point it out and in ding so it can become somewhat hot. But if one is in a forum some heat has to be expected otherwise it would be like participating in a 'satsang'

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.