People normally focus only on the large metros and cities when they speak about a country or else about its famous tourist destinations.However, I believe that it is the smaller towns and villages that lend a certain special and distinctive character to a region. A recent survey conducted by a tourism group has identified 20 such smaller cities across India which makes people proud to call their home..Here is a list and an brief account of the twenty cities.

http://www.holidayiq.com/blog/20-small-cities-many-indian-s-will-be-proud-to-call-their-hometown-1077.html?channel=social_fb&medium=paid

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Quite a compilation although I am surprised to see Patna in the list, the image of that city is so much maligned although truth could be something else. Guwahati is my birthplace although I have never seen it so far, but I would really like to visit all these places.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar

Yes. I hail from Visakhapatnam and I know it's beautiful surroundings. It is the only natural harbour on the east coast. Visakhapatnam now no more is a small city. It's a Metropolis. Eastern Naval command Head quarters are located here. I rather prefer the natural scenario of the surrounding villages.

My own city Mangalore and the city of my childhood Udipi are both there in the list and they have also become popular tourist destination in the past decade..I would like to visit all the cities mentioned in the list since they are all unique in their own way and hopefully one would be spared of crowd and bustle of a normal tourist place ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I am a regular visitor to Kovalam Beaches. The natural beaches of Kovalam are the most famous beaches not only in India, entire world. is drawn towards them. They generate quite a good amount of revenue to the Tourism department.

rambabu wrote:

I am a regular visitor to Kovalam Beaches. The natural beaches of Kovalam are the most famous beaches not only in India, entire world. is drawn towards them. They generate quite a good amount of revenue to the Tourism department.

I too have visited Kovalam which is beautiful...here in Mangalore we have eqaully beautiful beaches and we have 4 of them and each one unique...They are much less crowded especially now during monsoons and very clean...I have posted a picture of Thannerbavi beach which I took last week when it was drizzling and hardly had any people on the beach..

Thaneerbavi beach Copy

Quite a good picture. In fact in Vizag AKA Visakhapatnam is endowed with a Natural beach known as R.K Beach. But it has been subjected to all sorts of deeds which spoiled the sanctity of this otherwise natural Beach. The movement of the tides are quite favorable for swimmers. Additionally in the surroundings we have a group of beautiful small hamlets still unspoiled by the modernisation.

rambabu wrote:

Quite a good picture. In fact in Vizag AKA Visakhapatnam is endowed with a Natural beach known as R.K Beach. But it has been subjected to all sorts of deeds which spoiled the sanctity of this otherwise natural Beach. The movement of the tides are quite favorable for swimmers. Additionally in the surroundings we have a group of beautiful small hamlets still unspoiled by the modernisation.

I visited Vizag  long back and found it a very attractive city and port..I am sure things are different now and it must have grown as a city...In Mangalore beaches are not all that safe except in certain places where there are rock formations which provide safety by breaking the force of the waves ..

No. Visakhapatnam is no more that Fishing village of yesteryear. Now it is an Industrial Hub filled with not one but 9 central government undertakings including Steel plant known as Vizag Steel plant, where in i worked for many years as Manager Visual arts .  RK Beach of Vizag is a safe one.

Jaipur is famous for old forts situated on high mountains. Old monuments are placed there by which kings and other people used during wars and their daily usage.

http://www.comparenshop.in

Yes I know. . jaipur has lot of historic importance..It is also known as Pink city. Hawamahal is one of its landmarks.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.