Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I view the issue in a different perspective. Yakub is a human, a dreaded terrorist. Many politicians started shedding crocodile tears when Yakub was hung. My question is are all those innocents who lost their lives not humans ?

rambabu wrote:

I view the issue in a different perspective. Yakub is a human, a dreaded terrorist. Many politicians started shedding crocodile tears when Yakub was hung. My question is are all those innocents who lost their lives not humans ?

Your question may be valid but don't forget that real justice has not been served! How come no one is making a noise about Sanjay Dutt getting a n easy way out, when he was the one who stocked the weapons that were used during that incident?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Your question may be valid but don't forget that real justice has not been served! How come no one is making a noise about Sanjay Dutt getting a n easy way out, when he was the one who stocked the weapons that were used during that incident?

I agree with you.A pertinent point you raised. That the law has been not served is an undeniable fact. My comment above is connected with the Yakub issue only.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

The issue with Sanjay Dutt was that he wanted to buy one of the weapons for his own use and the rest were stored there without his knowledge since they said they had bought it give it to others who wanted to buy it for their protection... One can believe that given the knowledge that Sanjay is quite stupid and gullible ! He is paying the price for whatever he has done,,,

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

The issue with Sanjay Dutt was that he wanted to buy one of the weapons for his own use and the rest were stored there without his knowledge since they said they had bought it give it to others who wanted to buy it for their protection... One can believe that given the knowledge that Sanjay is quite stupid and gullible ! He is paying the price for whatever he has done,,,

True true Usha...I agree with you. But my point is that, the whole hullabaloo over Yakub Memon's hanging has raised so much dust that there is also a great fear of people becoming distracted from the real issue and the real criminals. That is all I wish to say. There also is fear of increased incidents where now defectors will now not come forward to testify against others, like it happened with Yakub., The very same point that B. Raman kept arguing with the P.V. Narsimha government and the court. B.Raman was the RAW officer who personally handled Yakub's case and brought him in.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

True true Usha...I agree with you. But my point is that, the whole hullabaloo over Yakub Memon's hanging has raised so much dust that there is also a great fear of people becoming distracted from the real issue and the real criminals. That is all I wish to say. There also is fear of increased incidents where now defectors will now not come forward to testify against others, like it happened with Yakub., The very same point that B. Raman kept arguing with the P.V. Narsimha government and the court. B.Raman was the RAW officer who personally handled Yakub's case and brought him in.

Kalyani , The point here is that although B Raman was directly involved, apparently nothing is really clear about the terms under which Yakub surrendered...Also even if one takes a humanitarian view and give him life sentence, there is always the chance that his gang would kidnap an aeroplane or an important person and demand his release. It is not at all an easy situation and when there is disagreement within the country and also people start pointing fingers at the apex court there will be more trouble ! We play directly into the hands of terror groups ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
The question that should trouble us very profoundly is if as a nation we at all one in dealing with our serious problems rising above partisan politics.Ideally I would like to see hanging altogether banished for ever but the reality is none of the nations which banned it,faces as frightening a challenge as terrorism as India.We have failed as a nation to evolve a firm strategy to deal with cases like one involving Iaqub.How do explain the inexcusable delay of 22 years? Haven't we punished him doubly with both imprisonment and taking life?
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Does it mean that we should have hanged him within a week after Supreme Court upheld his death sentence or should have allowed him to home and stay there till it was finally decided to hang him? This sympathy on a convicted terrorist by many is simply astonishing. Those who are against death sentence can say so but should not condemn its awarding as it is a valid form of punishment till abolished.

That's what the people opposing death sentence say.  IT is unfair to hang Yakub the very next day after the verdict.But the court said, Yakub was given enough time and there is no necessity for giving more  time to Yakub.

chinmoymukherjee wrote:The question that should trouble us very profoundly is if as a nation we at all one in dealing with our serious problems rising above partisan politics.Ideally I would like to see hanging altogether banished for ever but the reality is none of the nations which banned it,faces as frightening a challenge as terrorism as India.We have failed as a nation to evolve a firm strategy to deal with cases like one involving Iaqub.How do explain the inexcusable delay of 22 years? Haven't we punished him doubly with both imprisonment and taking life?

Chinmoy, I too am not for death sentence although in some cases you dont see anything else that justifies the quantum of crime committed..In yakubs case the SC was definite about the punishment they decided for him so one cannot argue against the court verdict. As for Yakub getting double punishment , I feel that he had 22 years of life whether inside the prison or not life is till precious and I doubt if he repented his deeds ,probably concentrated only on how he could get out of the death sentence by hook or crook !

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.