Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Speed is the hallmark of any progressive judicial system- not undue haste or insensitive delays.Life and death of a person hangs on a judicial verdict.Under no circumstances or pretext it should suffer delays. I was happy that SC set a precedent by working all night to dispose of the last plea.Why can't other courts similarly show urgency in disposal of cases which have been before them for eternity. I think there should be some radical steps to stem the rot. When a rich with deep pockets takes on a poor without pockets,everyone knows how badly the poor would lose"
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Very true. It happened for the first time in the Judicial system of India. To dispose of the last plea of Yakub Memon SC has worked all night till the wee hours of the day. I sincerely hope this trend paves the way for speedy delivery.

@Usha The idea of monetary compensation is a laudable one but don't work well in certain cases.Talking about a just judicial dispensation Indian system has been hijacked by vested interests.The CJI of Calcutta High Court has been embroiled in a running war with members of bar council in her bid to improve Work Culture among its members! The ruling party goons masquerading as lawyers are out to disrupt the proceedings of subordinate courts,demanding transfer of judges!!

Judges sitting overtime during late hours is not something that can be a routine exercise. They did this just for yakub Menon. What we need is complete overhaul of the entire judical system including prosecution and investigation wings of police.  The increasing number of crimes is also responsible for undue burden on courts.  Hence, it is necessary to reduce number of cases. For this I.P.C. also needs change. There are many offences that can be decriminialized. any breach of laW that does not harm any person or state meed not be considered as punishable or criminal offence. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Though not working late hours, to increase the fast dispensing of cases, I feel some alternative measures can be thought of. I for one feel The Court Holidays can be reduced. This is just my idea. The feasibility part can be examined by the experts.On the whole the judiciary system needs urgently a thorough overhauling.

rambabu wrote:

Though not working late hours, to increase the fast dispensing of cases, I feel some alternative measures can be thought of. I for one feel The Court Holidays can be reduced. This is just my idea. The feasibility part can be examined by the experts.On the whole the judiciary system needs urgently a thorough overhauling.

Mere increasin working hours will not help. There is a limit to every one's capacity. Moreover, it is not just the judges or courts but the prosecution and investigation wings of police that work together.  So if police takes more time to investigate the cases and provide evidence, it will be no use courts working extra hours.  Also extraordinary rise in crimes increases work load al around and so delay in justice is bound to happen. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

More number of courts/judges should be made. Also adequate notice for trial to begin should be given after which there should be no adjournments. The Latter are so easily obtained and are a major cause of delays taking place. The rich and influential almost always get adjournments at the drop of a hat. Note how the rich and politicians invariably suffer chest pain when they are arrested and need to be admitted to a hospital where they can be in control of  the situation. The police force should also have more persons involved in investigative work.

Thank you said by: rambabu

A pertinent point you raised. How the rich and politicians invariably get adjournments is very true And I totally agree with you as far as your suggestions are concerned,

Thank you said by: vijay

@Gulshanji

It is doubtless trure that we need a thorough overhaul of the system,creating

additional infrastructure matching our bourgeoning population using latest technologies to impart greater dynamism and humaneness into the entire process.I completely agree with Ujjal Nikam,the noted lawyer,when he advocates a time limit to complete the process of cross examination.In civil cases the rampancy of corruption among lawyers is an established fact particulary in lower courts.The judges liberally grant adjournments to the detriment and disadvantage of some poor litigants while some unscrupulous lawyers make tidy packets!

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Mere increasin working hours will not help. There is a limit to every one's capacity. Moreover, it is not just the judges or courts but the prosecution and investigation wings of police that work together.  So if police takes more time to investigate the cases and provide evidence, it will be no use courts working extra hours.  Also extraordinary rise in crimes increases work load al around and so delay in justice is bound to happen. 

What is the need of long summer holidays (almost 50 days) for Indian courts is beyond my knowledge. They are probably following the British system as Britishers trying to escape the Indian hot weather conditions used to go back to England or spent their holidays in Hill resorts. same is true for winter holidays, the courts remain closed for 15 days (Christmas and New Year) in the month of December (starting 15th December) and open in first week of January. Besides, postponing a case and getting a date is as easy for influential/moneyed people as 1-2-3. All cases should be time bound and guilty in helping lingering on cases should be made responsible and punishable too.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.