Both persons burried on same day. One is with great personality and has set his all life for our country, the other was a terrorist who killed many innocents. But in recent days I have observed in media that there is more discussion on Yakub's death than the great person Dr. Kalam. Most of the news channels are covering Yakub's death incidence, when it was hanged, when its dead body reached his home, when he was burried and many more. While Dr. Kalam was not taken seriously by these news papers and channels.

http://www.comparenshop.in

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

To some extent what you said is true. Because, the press gives more importance to controversial issues. It is a marketing strategy related to Press to boost up circulation.. About Abdul Kalam and his greatness is known to the entire world that doesn't need much publicity. And I feel the news about Kalam has been given its due publicity.

Your observation is absolutely right. In fact the electronic media is going overboard and playing/acting like ultimate judge in almost every case and with starting of panels of different parties shouting over each others using baseless facts and the worst way of behaving in public has worsen the things even more. They neither care for International viewers nor respect any law. Most of the times their behavior is below par and according to behavior expected of them. We need a free and fair media and not what we are getting today in the name of fourth pillar of democracy. They will wrack the country if kept behaving in the manner they are doing at present time. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I too hate the way some people make Yakub a martyr , especially some of the so called eminent personalities and a few politicians...Media of course is happy to get its TRPs because any such discussion is always interesting to the public whether they like it or not..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It's a known fact that this pattern of the Press both the Print and electronic media  in the entire world thrives on Sensationalism. Still I believe news about this universal saint was given its due coverage in both print and electronic media. Why go far, in these Forums also we had several posts related to Kalam.

And about Free and Fair media appears to be a distant dream.

See the negativity of Indian media, if something wrong happens more priority is given to that incident and if the topic is controversial more emphasis is given to that instead of talking in betterment of the country or our society. Today the purpose of media is only business and not related to news. People have started believing news from other sources like social media than news in media.

That the motive and purpose of Media is business has been said in the above threads. And what I feel is the news in social websites is also unreliable and it is a bad trend. The purpose of both are propaganda,

It is hard to believe on the news shown by paid media, also there will be doubt on the news from social media or other resources. But what people do, they search on the internet to find the truth about the news and most times they are misguided by the people present on net whose only motive is to spread misunderstanding between people. 

So there are not reliable sources to get the correct news!

Free and fair press is not possible not only in India, but anywhere in the world. Obviously getting  reliable news is a distant dream. It's an undeniable bitter truth.

Manoj Kumar Lamba wrote:

It is hard to believe on the news shown by paid media, also there will be doubt on the news from social media or other resources. But what people do, they search on the internet to find the truth about the news and most times they are misguided by the people present on net whose only motive is to spread misunderstanding between people. 

So there are not reliable sources to get the correct news!

The media discussions although have gone overboard with their attention to Yakub's hanging, have been fair...I have watched many discussions and the media itself has seen to it that a balanced view was taken with both for , against and neutral views being presented . It was the people who were present , who were against the hanging who made it sensational by hitting out at the government, BJP and also the court verdict !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Dealing ,indulging  and spreading the controversies is the easiest way to stay in the limelight..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.