I have been on facebook since 2007 and seen its different stages of growth and evolution... I joined in 2007 just with the intention of promoting my articles and that's what most members did those days and a little bit of socialising too.But as the members grew and socialising increased , it has now reached ridiculous and often amusing limits.

Some of my middle aged and older facebook friends who were seen in traditional sarees and salwar kameez have now graduated to mini skirts and shorts , uploading pics on a daily basis in different poses giving all details of their activities - In the restaurant dining with FB friend so and so or shopping at so and so mall...I mean it is too funny ! Apparently one ladies hubby was so angry at her dress , he stopped talking to her  LOL... 

As for me, Except for a few music groups and scrabble I have stopped interacting socially and pressing like button simply because I am expected to do so even when I am rolling with laughter at some of the posts and pictures ..

Please share you own experiences with facebook...


Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Facebook brings change in lifestyle?????

    by » 5 years ago


    You are absolutely right, in fact i have forgotten when I actually joined FB but I can see people have changed and their ways have certainly changed too. You know ML is back and I learned it yesterday through FB only.


    I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

    https://o0.nz/


  • Re: Facebook brings change in lifestyle?????

    by » 5 years ago


    suni51 wrote:

    You are absolutely right, in fact i have forgotten when I actually joined FB but I can see people have changed and their ways have certainly changed too. You know ML is back and I learned it yesterday through FB only.

    Is that right, I guess I will look up and see how it is now...


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


  • Re: Facebook brings change in lifestyle?????

    by » 5 years ago


    I am also one of the early birds of FB and to get in touch with long lost friends. I too posted my published articles in FB. But over a  period the exercise has not given me desired results. Instead I found other book marking sites like linkedin are more useful in promoting my articles. Presently no activity in FB

     


  • Re: Facebook brings change in lifestyle?????

    by » 5 years ago


    I feel that twitter is the best site for promoting your articles...Of course others like google and linkedin too are very effective ! Facebook has become a gossip rag now since I see everything being discussed there..


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


  • Re: Facebook brings change in lifestyle?????

    by » 5 years ago


    Ha ha ha ! That's a good observation Usha, now that you mention it, I realise that FB has indeed changed a lot in people nowadays. eg. girls I knew back in college, who used to be even horrified at the prospect of wearing a tight jeans and a T-shirt and raised their eyebrows at those who did wear such attire, can now be seen posting photos of themselves wearing sleeveless, short jumpsuits and the like. I can visualise them planning what more glamorous dresses to wear simply post it on FB. People who hardly talked to me in college now keep sending me friend requests repeatedly so that the no. of friends on their list increases. so on and so forth!


    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
    - W. C. Fields :)


  • Re: Facebook brings change in lifestyle?????

    by » 5 years ago


      In fact i write more for Local Publishing houses which pay me very well. All in cash i receive through a courier. As far as my aims are concerned FB is useless. 

     


  • Re: Facebook brings change in lifestyle?????

    by » 5 years ago


    It is funny Kalyani to think that people spend hours on FB and also spend some precious money and time to upload pictures and share their activities, and the top guy  Zimmermman is laughing all the way to bank, getting richer by the minute ! I wish he shared some of his wealth with die hard users ..


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


    Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

  • Re: Facebook brings change in lifestyle?????

    by » 5 years ago


    usha manohar wrote:

    It is funny Kalyani to think that people spend hours on FB and also spend some precious money and time to upload pictures and share their activities, and the top guy  Zimmermman is laughing all the way to bank, getting richer by the minute ! I wish he shared some of his wealth with die hard users ..

    Yeah, I wish he shared some of it with the users, the way they are falling all over their feet trying to keep each and every minute of their waking life updated on the FB, you'd think that they get money to do it. LOL:_

     

    @Rambabu, FB is not totally useless, there are a number of ways it has proved useful but the millions of users who have turned it into a social circus overpowers over everything that is good and useful.


    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
    - W. C. Fields :)


  • Re: Facebook brings change in lifestyle?????

    by » 5 years ago


    FB has become a center for more scandals and cyber bullying..In what way ticking on "Like" is going to be of any use to any serious  writer or Publisher, I do not understand. FB is more of a fad.Nothing else.

     


  • Re: Facebook brings change in lifestyle?????

    by » 5 years ago


    Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
    usha manohar wrote:

    It is funny Kalyani to think that people spend hours on FB and also spend some precious money and time to upload pictures and share their activities, and the top guy  Zimmermman is laughing all the way to bank, getting richer by the minute ! I wish he shared some of his wealth with die hard users ..

    Yeah, I wish he shared some of it with the users, the way they are falling all over their feet trying to keep each and every minute of their waking life updated on the FB, you'd think that they get money to do it. LOL:_

     

    @Rambabu, FB is not totally useless, there are a number of ways it has proved useful but the millions of users who have turned it into a social circus overpowers over everything that is good and useful.

    I agree that it has its good points , I am able to keep in touch with my children and close friends and cousins constantly , also know what is happening in their lives although we are all scattered all over the world and I am thankful for FB for that .


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.