Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
rambabu wrote:

FB has become a center for more scandals and cyber bullying..In what way ticking on "Like" is going to be of any use to any serious  writer or Publisher, I do not understand. FB is more of a fad.Nothing else.

It has become that too....but we also have to accept that FB has also been responsible for bringing various issues and concerns to the fore and brought about changes in a positive manner. I think just recently, you did post a link of women who cleverly used social networking to raise awareness. The problem is with the people who understand  or not understand its real utility.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar

I cannot disagree with what you said above. There is a positive side too for FB. Then again as you said the users are real culprits. The real abuse is done by irresponsible users.

rambabu wrote:

I cannot disagree with what you said above. There is a positive side too for FB. Then again as you said the users are real culprits. The real abuse is done by irresponsible users.

Yes, by people who seriously have identity issues, in my opinion. That is why they keep posting selfies every now and then as if their face has really changed, just a way to seek attention!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Yes, by people who seriously have identity issues, in my opinion. That is why they keep posting selfies every now and then as if their face has really changed, just a way to seek attention!

Exactly Kalyani. Those who starve for attention will resort to such cheap gimmicks.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
rambabu wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Exactly Kalyani. Those who starve for attention will resort to such cheap gimmicks.

I feel that they are more to be pitied for their stupidity because this kind of attention seeking is going to slowly fade out also the number of likes as people get fed up...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Ahaha.. I doubt if these people understand our pity. Instead they may brand us as stupids and pity us.

Though I am not quite active, I used to login Facebook and spend some time in this virtual world daily. The main benefits I have found is that it expands my friends circle and retrieves some old friends and connects with all of them live.  It presents the latest news and diverse voices of the masses……. At the same time I know that it is a world of pretensions, fancy and fantasy, where freedom is misused in a lavish manner by the spirited youth who have taken life as a colorful celebration without any concern about their melodrama. So what? Let them celebrate...... the mouse is in my hand.

RAMAKRISHNAN. A wrote:

Though I am not quite active, I used to login Facebook and spend some time in this virtual world daily. The main benefits I have found is that it expands my friends circle and retrieves some old friends and connects with all of them live.  It presents the latest news and diverse voices of the masses……. At the same time I know that it is a world of pretensions, fancy and fantasy, where freedom is misused in a lavish manner by the spirited youth who have taken life as a colorful celebration without any concern about their melodrama. So what? Let them celebrate...... the mouse is in my hand.

Exactly, since we are in control and know what we want out of the site , no problem...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

RAMAKRISHNAN. A wrote:

I agree with you, in fact even I feel the same and was not active on FB but lately appointed as moderator of couple of writing sites I have to visit the site everyday and yes I love posting pics and videos once or twice a month of the little one who inspires to keep me walking on. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:
RAMAKRISHNAN. A wrote:

I agree with you, in fact even I feel the same and was not active on FB but lately appointed as moderator of couple of writing sites I have to visit the site everyday and yes I love posting pics and videos once or twice a month of the little one who inspires to keep me walking on. 

It gives me indefinable pleasure watching the photos and videos of cute little ones in the Facebook. I feel the ‘Like buttons’ are meant exclusively for them.

Thank you said by: suni51
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.