Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I am not into facebook or any other social sites. But I have seen many of my friends and relatives who uses these sites regularly. It would be wrong to say that such social sites are totally useless. One of my friends who took up selling things expanded her bussiness through facebook. Another person that i know who was suffering from medical problem turned to facebook group friends for support. It all depend upon how one uses such social sites.

Yes. Everything about FB is not bad. But For those who think that FB is the only source of expanding Business, they should know that Linkedin is more useful than FB.

jabeen wrote:

I am not into facebook or any other social sites. But I have seen many of my friends and relatives who uses these sites regularly. It would be wrong to say that such social sites are totally useless. One of my friends who took up selling things expanded her bussiness through facebook. Another person that i know who was suffering from medical problem turned to facebook group friends for support. It all depend upon how one uses such social sites.

I agree with that , I too am a member of certain groups where we discuss issues and exchange ideas which I find very useful, Like you rightly point out many members find it the best site for expanding their business and also share information ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
RAMAKRISHNAN. A wrote:

Though I am not quite active, I used to login Facebook and spend some time in this virtual world daily. The main benefits I have found is that it expands my friends circle and retrieves some old friends and connects with all of them live.  It presents the latest news and diverse voices of the masses……. At the same time I know that it is a world of pretensions, fancy and fantasy, where freedom is misused in a lavish manner by the spirited youth who have taken life as a colorful celebration without any concern about their melodrama. So what? Let them celebrate...... the mouse is in my hand.

Exactly, since we are in control and know what we want out of the site , no problem...

@ Ramakrishnan

I think you have really given the real " Face" of Facebook. It's a world of pretensions, fancy and fantasy that is really misused by people. And as you said its in our hands to run away from the FB. That's why I ran away from the FB.

rambabu wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
RAMAKRISHNAN. A wrote:

Though I am not quite active, I used to login Facebook and spend some time in this virtual world daily. The main benefits I have found is that it expands my friends circle and retrieves some old friends and connects with all of them live.  It presents the latest news and diverse voices of the masses……. At the same time I know that it is a world of pretensions, fancy and fantasy, where freedom is misused in a lavish manner by the spirited youth who have taken life as a colorful celebration without any concern about their melodrama. So what? Let them celebrate...... the mouse is in my hand.

Exactly, since we are in control and know what we want out of the site , no problem...

@ Ramakrishnan

I think you have really given the real " Face" of Facebook. It's a world of pretensions, fancy and fantasy that is really misused by people. And as you said its in our hands to run away from the FB. That's why I ran away from the FB.

One cannot simply write it off because there are many good points about FB...and like any other social site it has its funny and pretentious side too which one can ignore..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
RAMAKRISHNAN. A wrote:

@ Ramakrishnan

One cannot simply write it off because there are many good points about FB...and like any other social site it has its funny and pretentious side too which one can ignore..

I briefed about FB 's good points in the earlier threads. It's only that, personally, I didn't find any advantages. I also said LinkedIn has given more benefits.

usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
RAMAKRISHNAN. A wrote:

@ Ramakrishnan

true as a member of different writing groups on FB, I learn how to increase my knowledge. These groups are to the point with specific knowledge as well. Incidentally I moderate few of these group pages created by different writing sites. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
RAMAKRISHNAN. A wrote:

@ Ramakrishnan

true as a member of different writing groups on FB, I learn how to increase my knowledge. These groups are to the point with specific knowledge as well. Incidentally I moderate few of these group pages created by different writing sites. 

Yes same here I am on a few groups too as a moderator and the members of these groups have become close friends, some of them having visited me ..FB has many more uses now rather than being just a site for promotion..

suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
RAMAKRISHNAN. A wrote:

@ Ramakrishnan

About increasing knowledge, I've my own doubts. It's only after seeing different faces oF FB, I drastically reduced my activities in FB. this is my point of view.

rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
RAMAKRISHNAN. A wrote:

@ Ramakrishnan

About increasing knowledge, I've my own doubts. It's only after seeing different faces oF FB, I drastically reduced my activities in FB. this is my point of view.

I agree a billion people could be wrong on FB but at least a million apart from those one billion could well be correct too, cheers.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.