Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
RAMAKRISHNAN. A wrote:

Though I am not quite active, I used to login Facebook and spend some time in this virtual world daily. The main benefits I have found is that it expands my friends circle and retrieves some old friends and connects with all of them live.  It presents the latest news and diverse voices of the masses……. At the same time I know that it is a world of pretensions, fancy and fantasy, where freedom is misused in a lavish manner by the spirited youth who have taken life as a colorful celebration without any concern about their melodrama. So what? Let them celebrate...... the mouse is in my hand.

Exactly, since we are in control and know what we want out of the site , no problem...

@ Ramakrishnan

I think you have really given the real " Face" of Facebook. It's a world of pretensions, fancy and fantasy that is really misused by people. And as you said its in our hands to run away from the FB. That's why I ran away from the FB.

One cannot simply write it off because there are many good points about FB...and like any other social site it has its funny and pretentious side too which one can ignore..

true as a member of different writing groups on FB, I learn how to increase my knowledge. These groups are to the point with specific knowledge as well. Incidentally I moderate few of these group pages created by different writing sites. 

About increasing knowledge, I've my own doubts. It's only after seeing different faces oF FB, I drastically reduced my activities in FB. this is my point of view.

I agree a billion people could be wrong on FB but at least a million apart from those one billion could well be correct too, cheers.

Different people different tastes and aims and ambitions. Cheers.

Through Facebook I am getting to know many relatives who live in remote areas and I have hardly met in years. I was amazed to see some of them on FB because I never thought that they had internet in the first place...It shows that our state has progressed with regard to net connectivity and also the popularity of FB...No wonder Zuckerberg is a billionaire and my relatives from villages must be saying Zuckerberg who ?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I agree. Not only I, even through my daughters, they recognized me and reestablished contacts with me about whom I forgotten long ago. Both my daughters are in FB.

The greatest advantage of FB  from my point of view is the constant news updates I get from Times and other news channels for which I have registered...I find it very informative and more than anything else I look forward to this feature..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes. I agree. News updates are one thing that's useful for the FB members. It enables one to be in touch with the current affairs and a plethora of articles. But I get the same facility through an App that is provided with my I Pad.. On the home page of my I Pad i have Rediff.com and a couple of Telugu dailies.

Now Facebook is a very convenient way of communication. Irt is more convenient than sending email. just drop a message in page of your friend or family member. Just a few days back,  a relative from Mathura enquired me of my phone number on Facebook. Incidnetally, I was online. I immediately intimated the phone number. In a few miniutes, he called me on phone to discuss an issue on compassionate employment in government.service.  .  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

Now Facebook is a very convenient way of communication. Irt is more convenient than sending email. just drop a message in page of your friend or family member. Just a few days back,  a relative from Mathura enquired me of my phone number on Facebook. Incidnetally, I was online. I immediately intimated the phone number. In a few miniutes, he called me on phone to discuss an issue on compassionate employment in government.service.  .  

Yes it happens to me all the time, I just chat on facebook with them ...yahoo messenger is becoming outdated now with skype and facebook chat taking over..

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Yes. On certain points FB has certainly an edge over other Social Websites. For nothing FB has become so popular.

Ofcourse it is and it will because fb is connected to all our friends who are not with us 

bhuyali saroj

Yes you can find  long last friends about whom you forgot.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.