Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

One more advantage is not forgetting birthdays which I had been doing all the time and feel embarrassed later at not having wished my close friends and relatives...The birthday reminder on FB has solved that problem and this is one of the positives although there are as many negative points ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

True..,. true. it happened in my case also. My  marriage day has been reminded by not only by my daughters who are FB members, but also through some members known to me.

Mostly FB is all about sharing photos and different events of life. I use it to promote articles, with due course of time, it is all about finding school friends, which I found after joining FB. Whats app is better to share images and it has good privacy feature. 

http://mohanmekap.com/

I found whats app more useful for sharing images. For promoting articles I found StumbleUpon also useful which in turn increases the web traffic.

mohan manohar wrote:

Mostly FB is all about sharing photos and different events of life. I use it to promote articles, with due course of time, it is all about finding school friends, which I found after joining FB. Whats app is better to share images and it has good privacy feature. 

Earlier we had formed a group where we would promote each other articles from different sites and it worked very well especially with those sites where the payment was made based on views..Later somehow it petered out.But such an initiative is there with other groups and it really works well when it is a group activity and of course sharing pictures and making a different albums which are there for your own reference.Some of the pictures I uploaded in the beginning have all got deleted frm my comp but are intact on my FB profile..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

My Paintings were in tact. I don't know about their position now as I'm not active in FB. StumbleUpon has given me more coverage to my articles as it is one of the recognized websites by Google for boosting web traffic.

One more negative aspect of social sites is that they also are used by terror groups to recruit people esp youngsters who are impressionable promising them financial help and better life.This has happened many times in the past and even now with groups like ISIS and Taliban.They disguise themselves under other names so that there is no evidence ...

Yes. Very recently a Nigerian group was caught while sending mails promising heavy cash after giving their credit card number etc. The same is true in the case of terror groups . Social websites have become a platform for all kinds of  cheating.

This had me in splits....some people have a knack of coming up with the most appropriate funny ideas for any given situation...

azV1q5p 700b

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
rambabu wrote:

Yes. Very recently a Nigerian group was caught while sending mails promising heavy cash after giving their credit card number etc. The same is true in the case of terror groups . Social websites have become a platform for all kinds of  cheating.

The Nigerian phishing scam is as old as the internet itself. Before internet they operated via mail, and with the onset of IT, they quickly improvised and adapted themselves. Until date, hundreds of people have been duped by the Nigerians. Now an ongoing scam currently, in India, is to target middle-aged single women or men searching for a partner. These men or women are contacted by 'prospective' partners and charmed and wooed, and then money extracted on some pretext or other.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.