Probably everybody knows this - that self analysis ,self assessment , self introspection, self examination or self evaluation is the best tool for self improvement but according to psycho analysis very few people assess themselves based on their daily interactions ...Here is an article which I found very enlightening ..

http://www.sivanandaonline.org/public_html/?cmd=displaysection&section_id=909

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

A thought provoking article.

"Know thyself." is the age old saying. Basing on this one must know his Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats. In short it is known as SWOT analysis. It should be the endeavor of every person to build on his strengths and dilute his weaknesses. At the same time one should be vigilant on his Opportunities and utilize them . Threats can be avoided with proper planning so that the road blocks and hindrances can be visualized before hand.

Few of the points touched ..

1,Self analysis on a daily basis like removing the weeds on a daily basis

2, Be interactive with others and respect their opinions about matters that are important to you

3, Practice patience, determination and courage, which needs to be built up

4,Note down all the important aspects and your own views , mistakes you have committed and what course you intend taking to improve yourself..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

All the points mentioned are required to boost self improvement. Giving space to listen the views and opinions of others is extremely important.

Great article and worth thinking about. Self contemplation and introspection is a good way to keeping a check on our mental makeup and wellbeing and also becoming mature.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Self analysis will help you in knowing your capabilities to achieve your cherished Goals. It also makes you prepare a plan to overcome the possible Road blocks on your way to success.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Great article and worth thinking about. Self contemplation and introspection is a good way to keeping a check on our mental makeup and wellbeing and also becoming mature.

Yes Kalyani, it is a good article written by a wise and very mature thinker who must have come across a wide range of people from different backgrounds and studied them !

Seeing into yourself leads you into hitherto unknown worlds to you. Once, when there arose a situation when the regular translator of English morning news paper clippings was absent. Public Relations department is supposed to place all the morning news about the Steel plant by 9 AM every morning.As a stop gap arrangement, I was asked to translate English news clippings into Telugu. There was no option left before me but to start the translation with doubt and shaking hands and presented before the CEO.The rest was History. The CEO was damn pleased with my Translation. He left a note to my officer saying, " From now on Rambau will translate.

Since then i started both English and Telugu translations. Over a period I made the Standing orders of the company which had gone up to Delhi and won me many laurels.

There is no alternative to assess one's strong and weak points regularly. This enables retaining the strong and discarding the weak. One myst constantly monitor his activities- official, social, family- and endeveour to improve self. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Yes. A lion while going for its hunt, looks back after every few steps. This process of looking back is known as " SIMHAVALOKANAM  in Sanskrit. It means looking back and reviewing like a lion.

The same is true for humans too.It is highly essential for self searching from time to time.

Its a a very thought provoking article. The writer has rightly mentioned that one needs to practise patience and determination on daily basis to remove our weaknesses. A person often resort to self introspection and realises what his weaknesses are but does not have the patience to correct his mistake and end up just as before.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.