Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Sofs wrote:

Self growth/development starts with self introspection.  However, if people have poor self esteem it could lead to other problems. With a little guidance and help people could make major improvements. 

I basically feel (even as a mental health professional) Understanding of psychology is not enough.. one needs to consider things from a spiritual aspects. We need to let go of emotional hurts and pains on a daily basis. Forgiveness is more for ourselves than for others. 

Absolutely ! Taking each day as it comes is the best policy one can adapt. I also feel that it is wiser to forgive forget and move on in life !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Self analysis is the best available option to remain balanced. Though everyone is not capable of self-assessing, there are people who are not interested too. I believe, if it is practised each and everyday very keenly then negative traits will gradually get rectified.      

shampasaid

True. Everyone may not be in a position to analyze themselves. Such people may not be able to achieve what they want in their lives than those who analyze themselves constantly. Self analysis enables you to make a Road map. It assures you that every step you are taking is towards your goal..

Self analysis starts from childhood when you teach your child to accept mistakes and weaknesses and look for ways to overcome them without treading on others. It also includes respecting other people and their freedom without being judgmental and giving space to people in any relationship.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Definitely. All good habits should start from the home in the formative years. In this process parents have a vital role.

Self analysis is a secular idea which non secular persons pay lip service and preach others to follow. It is difficult but advisable to improve one's character and life. 

Leaving aside secular and non secular,  aspects, self analysis in general is a good tool for leading a life of one's choice. Mere self analysis will not do the magic. the effectiveness of self analysis becomes true only with sufficient implementation.

Exactly I agree with you. Secularists are inclusive and non secularists are not. I am not using secular term as is understood in Indian politics. So pl be secular.

OK. As long as the importance of self analysis is understood, Secularism is nothing for me.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Self analysis is the best available option to remain balanced. Though everyone is not capable of self-assessing, there are people who are not interested too. I believe, if it is practised each and everyday very keenly then negative traits will gradually get rectified.      

People who are not interested are those who think they are above analysis.. It is in our own interest that we analyse our actions at the end of the day and see where we can improve or make amends if necessary. Two simple words Sorry and Thank You can make a lot of difference to your inter personal relationships !

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.