Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

If someone cannot face himself, he's a coward. A liar. It's self conceit.

usha manohar wrote:
Sofs wrote:

Introspection becomes difficult for those who cannot face themselves.

Like @Shampa mentioned people self opinionated people really can't do this. Even to say sorry or thank you it takes courage and a little beating down of the Ego.

We need have a deep desire to be better to be able to introspect, accept mistakes and change for the better. 

I agree ...On a lighter note , connecting the other discussion here  about TV channels - Arnab probably needs some self analysis before he conducts his daily debates LOL..smirk.png

Well said, I totally agree with you. Thanks for the laughs. I had to really laugh out loud on your observation. 

Some quotes on self analysis and introspection ..

“The only journey is the one within -The problem with introspection is that it has no end.”

and

Ignorance is our deepest secret.

And it is one of the scariest things out there, because those of us who are most ignorant are also the ones who often don't know it or don't want to admit it.

Here is a quick test:

If you have never changed your mind about some fundamental tenet of your belief, if you have never questioned the basics, and if you have no wish to do so, then you are likely ignorant.

Before it is too late, go out there and find someone who, in your opinion, believes, assumes, or considers certain things very strongly and very differently from you, and just have a basic honest conversation.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

As far as Self analysis is concerned, I'm well aware of its importance in self development. Because introspection (Atma Sodhana) is the first step in Yoga.

By the by quotes are very good.

Atma Shodana is more physical and something else not introspection according to Yoga ..there may be some other term for self analysis !

http://www.drikpanchang.com/puja-vidhi/atma-shodhan/atma-shodhan.html

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yoga says from the physical world Atma Sodhana takes one in to A state of Trance a half conscious state. It's in this state Atma Sodhana takes place. In this state one will be able to see his real strengths and weaknesses.

Meditation is the first state of Atma Sodhana.

A few more relevant quotes that help introspection that most people overlook..

" Wherever you go you take your Self with you "

" Your current Safe boundaries were once unknown frontiers"

" A Moment's insight is sometimes worth a life's experience "

All the quotes are helpful and are very essential for self analysis. I fully agree with the last Quote, " A moment's insight is worth a life's Experience. "

Self analysis is  not a  time consuming one. What all it takes is a moment. This goes a long way.

Self analysis or self reflection has o be a continuous  process ..Many a time we analyse others we see a reflection of ourselves in their action and personality ..

“Everything I said he agreed with, which was trying, and his flute playing would make the deaf wince, but I think the real problem was that he reminded me of myself. He read poetry. He flinched at loud noises. In addition to having no musical skills, he had no martial skills. He avoided any situation that might require physical effort on his part. Seeing him, I found it no wonder that my father despised me.”

others opinion sometimes work but it is also important to find out our own mistake and then rectifying it. So self analysis is also important because in our life sometimes we don't find anyone who can help us at that particular moment and at that point of time self analysis helps a lot. 

bhuyali saroj

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.