Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Yes, because if the student work hard it will give the teacher more interest to make his student learn new things

bhuyali saroj

. Teachers have a long lasting impact on the lives of their students. Students who fare well inspire the teachers too.

I could not agree more. Learning and teaching are two sides of same coin. This is imparting knowledge/ skill.  Only a good student can be good teacher. That is why good academic record is of paramount importance for one seeking teaching assignment.  A teacher must always update his knowledge implying that he must always remain a student. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

An ideal teacher learns first in order to impart knowledge to the students. An ideal student understands the intentions of his teacher. Such teachers and their ideologies are remembered forever. Such students who excel in studies inspire the teachers.

An ideal teacher is the idol of patience and knowledge. The true teacher is patient and knowledgeable enough to teach every student without any biasness. Therefore, good teachers are great.Yes, good teachers become greater in the case when they try to learn from their best students. However, personally I believe that a good teacher is cherished by a student and I think teacher should have a sense of care for students because due to this care, the children can share their issues with their teachers as they develop a sense of trust with them. Good teachers never break such trust.

Exactly. What you said is very true. A great teacher is one whom the student cherishes forever. When late Abdul Kalam was honored, he has attributed all his greatness to his teacher. Seeing his student's ability and worth, the teacher has become proud. This is how  great students make great teachers.

I would like to add that great student in my opinion is not he/she who has academically proved his/her worth. A great student can be a little less meritorious but has to be extremely humble, very inquisitive regarding knowledge, must have respect for the teachers and elders and must value time. It is not that a 95% holder is a great student in comparison to those who got less than 80% or so. Greatness is a huge term which does not only relate to intelligence and academic performance but it also includes the behavioural pattern of the student. A great student can attain the position of a great teacher only when he/she has a quest for knowledge and knows how to remain dedicated to the students.

shampasaid

Good students are created by Good teachers alone. May be the student possess some good qualities. But these are in a haphazard manner. It's the teacher who arranges all the inherent  sparks in to a Fire. Hence, A good product is made only when the raw material is good. Such good students remember their teachers all along.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

I would like to add that great student in my opinion is not he/she who has academically proved his/her worth. A great student can be a little less meritorious but has to be extremely humble, very inquisitive regarding knowledge, must have respect for the teachers and elders and must value time. It is not that a 95% holder is a great student in comparison to those who got less than 80% or so. Greatness is a huge term which does not only relate to intelligence and academic performance but it also includes the behavioural pattern of the student. A great student can attain the position of a great teacher only when he/she has a quest for knowledge and knows how to remain dedicated to the students.

In effect a person who is compassionate and has humane qualities ...I totally agree with that !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The words great, good are blanket terms which make it difficult to discuss this topic.  Great academically or in attitude?  There are many teachers who have won merits and awards but cannot come to the level of a student.

However, a person who has a passion for the profession makes an effective teacher. The desire to impart knowledge and all round development need to be at the core of a teachers heart. 

Without passion any profession become just a form of livelihood. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.