Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

If great people are made, It's due to the efforts of the Teachers. When Late Dr. Abdul Kalam was honored for his contributions in Space research, He said he owed his greatness to his teacher.So its implied that both the factors are needed. Teachers who make the great students. And great students who rose up to expectations of his teacher..

@usha manohar Absolutely, compassion is a must. A teacher may be very good at imparting knowledge but is not humane at all then as a teacher he/she fails. A simple example I want to cite here is when students go for inter-school competitions then there are some teachers who do not allow those participants an extra day or two to complete their work rather they speak abusively, mark their assignments as late submission and what not. This is highly unacceptable but you can do nothing because in school teachers are the authority. The students pay respect to those teachers who are considerate and I believe that they must be understanding. The students could not complete their work because they were on duty for their school only and that must be taken care of.  

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

@usha manohar Absolutely, compassion is a must. A teacher may be very good at imparting knowledge but is not humane at all then as a teacher he/she fails. A simple example I want to cite here is when students go for inter-school competitions then there are some teachers who do not allow those participants an extra day or two to complete their work rather they speak abusively, mark their assignments as late submission and what not. This is highly unacceptable but you can do nothing because in school teachers are the authority. The students pay respect to those teachers who are considerate and I believe that they must be understanding. The students could not complete their work because they were on duty for their school only and that must be taken care of.  

More than anything it shows the narrow vision of the teacher who is unable to perceive the advantage of taking part in debates and other competetions for both the student and the school.I faced this problem with my children and had to fight it out with the headmistress and the management commitee reps of their school..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

This behavior of teachers mirrors their ignorance and intolerance. They have biased and one sided views which they force on the tolerance. The example you cited on Sports is a standing example.

@sofs

Yes, you said it very rightly. Great academicians might not turn out to be a great teacher because of his/her lack of involvement in the teaching profession. Having knowledge is absolutely different from imparting knowledge. Those teachers are truly great teachers when they are able to explain the subject very convincingly but who fail to do so despite holding academic awards cannot be termed as great teachers. The students have to be extremely satisfied or else it's meaningless and along with it if students respect the teacher for his/her loving nature then nothing is greater than this.

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

@sofs

Yes, you said it very rightly. Great academicians might not turn out to be a great teacher because of his/her lack of involvement in the teaching profession. Having knowledge is absolutely different from imparting knowledge. Those teachers are truly great teachers when they are able to explain the subject very convincingly but who fail to do so despite holding academic awards cannot be termed as great teachers. The students have to be extremely satisfied or else it's meaningless and along with it if students respect the teacher for his/her loving nature then nothing is greater than this.

Basically any profession should be taken up because you feel that you can contribute positively and not simply to earn a living ! Shampa, you can use the quote button found underneath each comment like I have done , so that we get to read both the comment posted by other members and your response !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

I could not agree more. Learning and teaching are two sides of same coin. This is imparting knowledge/ skill.  Only a good student can be good teacher. That is why good academic record is of paramount importance for one seeking teaching assignment.  A teacher must always update his knowledge implying that he must always remain a student. 

It is right that academic records is important for any assignment including teacher, but it is right that an average student can be a good teacher.

anil wrote:
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

I could not agree more. Learning and teaching are two sides of same coin. This is imparting knowledge/ skill.  Only a good student can be good teacher. That is why good academic record is of paramount importance for one seeking teaching assignment.  A teacher must always update his knowledge implying that he must always remain a student. 

It is right that academic records is important for any assignment including teacher, but it is right that an average student can be a good teacher.

A devoted teacher and an equally devoted student will do miracles resulting in an exemplary Teacher and an extraordinary student. It works well when both teachers and the students think on the same level of aiming at the respective assigned duties and work in the best of their abilities.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.