The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

The reason for Hindi words matching with other languages is all of them are born from Sanskrit. But in South India the languages used are born from Dravidian languages.

I have my doubts that Indians would ever agree to any one language as National Language but it will become another reason for infighting. Let the state governments decide which language they chose for governmental work and how they manage with center government. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

@ Rambabau The reason for Hindi words matching with other languages is all of them are born from Sanskrit. But in South India the languages used are born from Dravidian languages.

Personally, I have no issues with Hindi being chosen as the National language since it spoken by the majority of people across India and it makes sense to have a language that is spoken and understood by the majority to be  chosen as the National Language. However, I have my own doubts whether the south Indian states would agree to that ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I still remember the anti Hindi agitation in Tamil Nadu. I don' think Southern sates accept Hindi as National language.

rambabu wrote:

I still remember the anti Hindi agitation in Tamil Nadu. I don' think Southern sates accept Hindi as National language.

Don't you remember the same scenes in Mumbai under Sena? So why ask for more trouble which is bound to abort in any case.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Don't you remember the same scenes in Mumbai under Sena? So why ask for more trouble which is bound to abort in any case.

Im not asking for trouble. I said in the context of language rivalries. Just now I heard the news that usage of Telugu has been abolished in TN.

now tell me how one can think of national language?

Some have rightly questioned why Tamil only should represent south. I feel that Tamil is most significant language of south. My idea is that Hindi is from North and Tamil from south.  There are many other languages in North also apart from various variants of Hindi itself.  There can be a consensus on Hindi of North and Tamil of south. If no consnsus, better to avoid making any language as national.  Let all Indianlanguages be consideredas national. any wayEnglish and Hindi are central govt oficial languages. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Fair enough.  Just now i heard Telugu has been abolished completely for all practical purposes by the TamiNadu government. Telugus form 37% of the TN's population. In this scenario of language rivalries, it is better to follow what you said. Let all the languages be National level status.

Karnataka was very liberal with languages so much so that Kannadigas learnt tamil and telugu to speak with people from those states but it became such a practice that noone was willing to reciprocate by learnin Kannada while living in the state  and that's how Vatal Nagrag and others began to stand firm that anyone coming to live here shd have a working knowledge of Kannada and some other measures...Earlier Karnatak would have agreed to have Hindi as National language but of late I see them becoming as firm in their stand against that..At the same time having Hindi as the National language is probably more agreeable that Tamil ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

" Speak and write in Odiya . Else quit the state" was once the attitude in Odisha when I lived there. I don't know the present condition. I left Odisha long ago. Before the Bifurcation of AP, the present CM of Telangana used to shout in all his meetings at the top of his voice, " Andhra wallah Bhago."

This is the mood of almost all the states in the country. Now in this scenario think of having a National Language for this country?

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.