The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

My way or highway

rambabu wrote:

That is altogether a different proposition not in the purview of this discussion. If you want to speak about the funny quality of English, it will be good to start a thread. I like to remind you a few days ago I posted a thread in this forum how funny is English at times.

@ rambabu , since I initiated this thread let me be the judge of what comes under the purview of this discussion and I feel that there is nothing wrong in discussing related matters on my thread ! We need to give space for each member , letting them make their own decisions rather than post for everyone on all threads and responding on their behalf ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I agree. when the member has deviated from the original topic, He was talking about "English is a funny language." I'm convinced that his topic is irrelevant in the present context. If you see my earlier  comments you can understand how much space i have given to the concerned member.

rambabu wrote:

I agree. when the member has deviated from the original topic, He was talking about "English is a funny language." I'm convinced that his topic is irrelevant in the present context. If you see my earlier  comments you can understand how much space i have given to the concerned member.

Please let me be the judge here as to what is relevant and what is not...I don't see anything wrong in responding to other members comments and one cannot set a limit to ones comments as long as it is not abusive or in bad taste ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

OK. I welcome your suggestion. The other member too realize this.

I think India is still in a follower mode. Our Initial National Language was Sanskrit, Mughals imposed Persian Language on India and made it National Language of India, then came Britishers who also imposed their own language English on India and even after so many years of Independence we are still following it and could not have our own National Language.

http://www.comparenshop.in

Yes. This shows that India is not having a language that caters to the need of entire country.

Hindi and Englisg bothcater to the need of link language.  Hindi is spokenor understood in most parts of the country. English is also ised in entire country. May be invery remote area, English and Hindi both are not known.   But mostly people don't go to such places. To elucidate, a North Indian may go to Shillong (Meghalaya) and can communicate in Hindi or English. Possibly, there would be many in adjoining villages knowing only local language. But an outsider is not likely to go there. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

Hindi and Englisg bothcater to the need of link language.  Hindi is spokenor understood in most parts of the country. English is also ised in entire country. May be invery remote area, English and Hindi both are not known.   But mostly people don't go to such places. To elucidate, a North Indian may go to Shillong (Meghalaya) and can communicate in Hindi or English. Possibly, there would be many in adjoining villages knowing only local language. But an outsider is not likely to go there. 

True sir. I stayed in many places and successfully able to interact with the people using either Hindi or English or both at times.

rambabu wrote:
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

True sir. I stayed in many places and successfully able to interact with the people using either Hindi or English or both at times.

Then why we needto declare any language as national. Despite foreign origin, English is our national language just as Sonia Gandhi is our national leader. Although not declared national, anything used everywhere in nation is national. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.