Krishna tells arjun to destroy the evil and wrong people with a brave heart. This also bring destruction to thousands of innocent people. To demolish few bad things, was that right to destroy the whole mankind. If God can do any thing, could not he find a better and peaceful way to demolish bad people and bad things.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

This reminds me of a Bill board  written in the campus of Eastern Naval command Head quarters in my place Vizag.

The Bill board says,

"If you want Peace be ready for a war."

I'm of the opinion  destruction is inevitable to establish Peace. Soft methods to bring Peace in these Cutthroat world will be an exercise in futility. Can we use soft methods to deal with war mongering Pakistan to establish Peace ?

Your post itself contains the answer, it is necessary to kill the evil people because once they overpower the good, all reason is lost and there is no other way but to kill them. Innocent lives are lost for a number of reasons, chief ones being that they remain quiet when evil grows and allow the evil to grow stronger without quashing it in the initial stages. Other reasons are they collude with the evil. it is true that God created the world, but it is the humans who have created evil for their own greed and selfishness. Maybe it is the nature's and God's way of maintaining balance in the world.

It is said that when Einstein and Oppenheimer built the powerful bombs, they were very restless and apprehensive about its destructive nature. They sought answers from the Bhagwad Gita and then were able to complete their work that aided in bringing down Hitler and arresting the Japanese, Russians etc. before their oppression could grown stronger.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: rambabu
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Your post itself contains the answer, it is necessary to kill the evil people because once they overpower the good, all reason is lost and there is no other way but to kill them. Innocent lives are lost for a number of reasons, chief ones being that they remain quiet when evil grows and allow the evil to grow stronger without quashing it in the initial stages. Other reasons are they collude with the evil. it is true that God created the world, but it is the humans who have created evil for their own greed and selfishness. Maybe it is the nature's and God's way of maintaining balance in the world.

It is said that when Einstein and Oppenheimer built the powerful bombs, they were very restless and apprehensive about its destructive nature. They sought answers from the Bhagwad Gita and then were able to complete their work that aided in bringing down Hitler and arresting the Japanese, Russians etc. before their oppression could grown stronger.

Absolutely. I agree with your point that God created the world and man invented killings and barbaric ways to cater to his selfish needs. Hence, to punish those evil doers destruction becomes inevitable.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

yes sometime it happens in everyone life each and everyone face in his/her life to get some happiness he/she have to do some destruction. It mostly happen because of some uneducated person

bhuyali saroj

rambabu wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Absolutely. I agree with your point that God created the world and man invented killings and barbaric ways to cater to his selfish needs. Hence, to punish those evil doers destruction becomes inevitable.

True...as we all know according to our Hindu philosophy the Trimurti concept that consists of Brahma - The creator, Vishnu - the Nurturer and Shiva - the Destroyer. Here the concept of Shiva as destroyer is not simply destruction, but also as the beginner of new life. Unless the old and unnecessary is destroyed, there won't be place for new. Even in nature we have studied about different ages and eons, once dinosaurs ruled the earth. They were destroyed and then other type of life took birth, so on and so forth. So we have to accept that the life is nothing but a cycle of life and death or rather, a new beginning.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I agree with you. While agreeing with all the mythological aspects you mentioned supporting the necessity of destruction to establish peace, I would like to add the crux of Malthusian theory of population which says that population check is a necessary evil . It says

"Population, when unchecked, increases in a geometrical ratio. Subsistence increases only in an arithmetical ratio."

Destruction is boon from the Blue to maintain the Balance.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

War cannot bring peace, though it destroys evils. Also, evils cannot be demolished by peaceful ways; otherwise there would have been no evils.…. Krishna was blamed that he did not prevent the war. Sure, he could have done it, but Krishna was not a God; he was a God-incarnate. That is, God incarnated as a human being. He cannot use divine powers to stop war. He had to follow the limitations of human being. He had to follow the passions and traits of human, the form in which he was incarnated. Within his limitations, he tried to prevent the war, but he did not succeed. He even felt that Gandhari was responsible for everything…. If a mother could not guide her sons through righteousness, how can a God-incarnate do?   

Thank you said by: Neha Sadana

Even if you set aside the role of God, from the social pint of view, War and natural calamities  or destruction are necessary to cheek the population growth. Malthusian theory of population also says the same. wars and Natural calamities are the nature's way of dealing with the Balance between sustainability and Population.

Everything cannot be achieved through peaceful means. As we say everything has a right time like it every achievement comes through a right amount of preparation as well as with an appropriate method. This is the fact that when the buffaloes fight, crops suffer. We need to accept that the step was taken not by any criminal but Krishna the God. He knew that many innocent would have got killed but still he opted for war only because it was to finish the evils from root and a lesson for those who were left behind that the evils meet a dead end.

shampasaid

It is imperative to crush evil..In order to achieve one thing,  you have to forego another. In this process, it is necessary to weigh the things and see in which way the balance tilts.Krishna has seen the balance tilting towards establishing peace because as God his prime duty is to safeguard the humanity..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.