The topic is locked.

In many legal cases such as murder, honour killing, rape and so on in which powerful people are involved then we get to see very reputed legal professionals fighting the case in favour of such beings. I know it's their profession and it is also known that in legal case truth is changed into false and vice versa but somehow I feel a bit discomfort. No one is above the law and no profession is above morality so in such a situation I am of the opinion that the legal professionals must stand up for the victim. It will help in eradicating the social evil from the society. Earning money should not be the only aim but must serve a right purpose.

shampasaid

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

What I feel is that legal professionals have no obligation for society but go by the book of rule books. It's up to judges to see that the victims get best legal support, criminals the punishment and society gets a message.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Why only legal professionals ? Every professional should have moral responsibility. the people included.

This is why to some extent the legal professionals loose respect of the society. Trying to save a criminal is basically a cheap act. They can easily refuse to take the case but the tragedy is they won't because at that point they only think in terms of their earning. This is horrible. 

shampasaid

As long as  immoral people are ready who can sell themselves for a price, immorality in legal profession goes unabated.

Yes, you are absolutely right that every professional must work on the basis of morality. I specifically mentioned legal professionals because they deal with good and bad people of the society. Basically, they are the custodians but when they fabricate the whole case just to save their culprit clients, I start disrespecting these professionals. It seems money is their benchmark and not morality.  

shampasaid

I can understand. In general ,  I believe society stands firmly when the components of the society that embraces all people and professions are the custodians of morality and do their bit to upkeep the moral values of the society. Otherwise, the very base of the society oscillates and ultimately crumbles.

Some of the accused are in fact not criminals so the need to be protected too. In case you refuse to fight their case you are judging them before the trial itself. The only thing a lawyer should refrain is that he should not present wrong proofs or present wrong witnesses to protect an accused knowingly. That is against the ethics of any profession.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

In every way I agree with you. Morality must start from family and it must lead to each and every corner of the human world. There is no denying to it. I highlighted this profession only because it gives the right to the professionals to accept or reject the clients. If they show some wisdom then criminals will also think twice before committing crime because then they would be forced to feel the crisis of defence.

shampasaid

Easier said than done. When the judges  themselves are corrupt, where from the possibilities of erasing the corruption arises? It's a vicious circle. The same thing applies to the Doctors. There is a nexus between Medical profession and drug companies .  The reality is Corruption has become an integral part of life. It's deeply rooted in every sphere of our lives.

This is what I am saying that when a lawyer knowingly defends a culprit then he /she lacks morality. I am not saying that everyone is a criminal and they should not get any lawyer to defend them. See the case of Salman khan and this Sheena Bora case, the lawyer who fought for the culprits of Nirbhaya case and many more.

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.