Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I think you made a mistake. When your child was scared of Hindi,  instead of making him comfortable and find a way to create interest in Hindi, you switched over to french. Thus multiplying his fear, which forever haunts him. The moment he hears "Hindi " he shrieks and shudders with fear as if he has seen a night mare.

Nah.. I don't know Hindi.. I can teach him French. I made my decisions based on both our comfort levels. He is not the only one to say the truth 3/4 of his class has shifted to French when the option was offered. 

That is not my point, my point is inculcate a love for Indian languages.. not make the syllabus heavy and scare children.. its a language.. speak it, get them to  love it. This is where we seem to fail. 

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
Sanjeev Gupta wrote:

Hindi being my native language so I am more comfortable in expressing in it than in any other language.

It depends on which place you live at.  If you live in a metropolitan city with many non Hindi speaking people, you will get habituated to English. 

I live in Delhi where most of the people know Hindi but that's true people get habituated according to the environment.

I live in Delhi but

Sanjeev Gupta wrote:
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
Sanjeev Gupta wrote:

Hindi being my native language so I am more comfortable in expressing in it than in any other language.

It depends on which place you live at.  If you live in a metropolitan city with many non Hindi speaking people, you will get habituated to English. 

I live in Delhi where most of the people know Hindi but that's true people get habituated according to the environment.

Then, your Job is easy. Living in Delhi is an advantage for you. Delhi is a Mini India. You can have all types of people from Kanyakumai to to Kashmir.

I live in Delhi but

You love a language the more you get acquainted with it.  Speaking a language is the only way to get comfortable with it.  I agree it is easier where everyone speaks the same language. 

Yes. you should use the learnt language in day to day activities slowly first. With the time you can gain fluency.

@Rambabu yes its easy to learn any language here in Delhi but the thing is I find comfortable expressing myself in Hindi than in any other language.

OK. I can understand you. you have chosen a language in which you are comfortable with.

Mother tongue is for household communications, English is for earning bread and butter and Hindi for communication with outsiders. Additional language learning depends on some real good reason because it is not easy to take extra burden. Learning a  foreign language at the cost ofa an Indian language is again a economical decision

If one is clear about how he wants to use and for what purpose either Hindi or English. its OK

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.