How do you feel, when someone starts to talk, the moment you finish ? What it suggests ?

The person was more interested in saying something than in digesting what you said.

Listening what the other person says and taking a second will create an impression that the person  thought your statement was worth pondering, and more importantly , that you were being taken seriously, which we all want.

What is your opinion about such poor listeners ? What are the benefits of listening ?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/how-do-life/201509/in-praise-the-one-second-pause

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

More people than we know are supposedly listening while they are mentally thinking up stuff to tell us. Listening would mean understanding, giving the speakers words a deep thought and responding in turn. 

I think poor listeners are in a hurry to give their bit and get on with life. They miss out on so many things in life. 

Listening constitutes a most important point in the Conversational skills. Who interrupt are undoubtedly are missing this vital point . Their nature is Bulldozing their way.

The funny thing is some people latch on to a word and take off kin tangents. They speak so much that you forget what the original conversation was all about. I have a neighbor who hijacks all conversations. 

Normally we listen to what others talk, think about it and respond. All these things happen within a fraction of a second and it appears that we do not listen before responding. It is because our mind is so powerful. When you are with your friends sharing some relaxed moments, you exchange perfect dialogues, tit for tat, but without the difference of a second. 

The best way to avoid those Bulldozers is turn away and look elsewhere. This gives an indication that you are also paying him with the same coin.

People with low patience are generally bad listeners. They are terrible at listening and in hurry to react. These people are potential enough to spoil the essence of a great idea :) A good conversation demands time plus patience. 

By Listening,you are giving importance to what the other is saying. This in turn creates a good impression on the speaker that what he is saying is being given due weight by the listener. This is highly essential for an effective conversation.

I don't mind if someone is interrupting me for a purpose or mutual benefit but if it's a case of bullying .... just ask me via email how do I feel or what can I do in such a case. It would not be appropriate writing that in public forums. japanese_goblin.png

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

If someone is interrupt you for a purpose, how that purpose can be served without hearing what you said ?

If it's for a purpose then I have already written it in my post above, I don't mind listening to them and give a proper response..

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.