Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

All the infrastructure a good teacher needs is a chalk and a broad. But the other things that  matter like dedication,  passion for teaching etc. are m ore important.

Children need a good attitude to learn and become somebody in life.  

However, the governments don't care about anything else other than their schemes to give free food and get popularity votes. 

Exactly the dedication and passion has gone out of teaching. To cover up, infrastructure etc are blamed. In order not to be left behind parents are forced to submit to very high fees, extra tuition etc for their children. Education needs reforms not more and more institutes, most of them with political patronage who only mass produce semi literate graduates incapable of being hired.

That the education system  needs reforms is an undeniable fact. But who will do the Reforms. Governments are busy in tours. Commoners are left to their fate, resulting in a famine for quality education. It seems quality education has become a thing of the past.

Leave aside fathers, now there are many working mothers and in that case it becomes difficult to manage their child's studies regularly. Still, some try to help their child in studies on weekends but some think that that tuition is the best option to educate their child and they spend their money on number of tuitions as status symbol.

Another problem is that many stay at home mothers find it easier to spend their time in watching T.V., chatting over the phone, shopping and many such activities rather than going through the books of their children. If a little time is spent in understanding the books then there will be no need to send a child for tuition at least up to eighth standard.       

shampasaid

I sincerely feel, its not that only children should do homework. Parents also should do Homework.  Mothers whiling away time in TV viewing, gossiping are not uncommon to see. It is such mothers who patronize tuitions.

Parents should give some time to their kids rather sending them for tuition. As parents can teach more apart from what written in books, they can the behavior, way of talking and many more so that their kids will leave a proper life, but these days the number of marks in marksheets are given more value than the nature and behavior of the student. And for more marks people find the option as tuition.

http://www.comparenshop.in

I can understand about those parents who are employed.. But, there are Mothers who stay at home and fathers who do shift duties can do a great job of imparting some necessary stuff which are not taught in  schools like as you said, conversational skills, GK etc by taking turns..

Actually if the overall quality of educations were to improve and the ratio of teacher to students is kept realistic and practical, there would be no need for extra tuitions. If the children are able to understand the basic concept of the subjects and a habit of self study with methodical approach inculcated, then they can study at home in their own time.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I agree. If the conditions like good standards and Pupil - Teacher ratio are maintained, the question of tuitions and extra hour classes will not arise.

Whatever may be the reason, tuition put extra burden on kids. Schools put too much pressure on students, willingly or unwillingly a student has to attend coaching classes. During childhood or till the age of 14, a kid should be burdened or stressed minimum. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.