Our testosterone-scripted movies, our regressive but hugely popular soap operas, our lack of focus on women in public life have all contributed to creating generation after generation of males who still haven't realised that women can do more than cook, clean, bear children and take their abuse. Their loss, I say, going forward. Worse, it's our loss as thinking people if we don't tell them.

http://www.huffingtonpost.in/ravina-raj-kohli-/man-i-feel-like-a-woman_b_8108216.html?utm_hp_ref=india

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

In a city with over 20 millions' population cannot be judged based on couple of incidents. We have far greater incidents against men in the same  city but no one cares to write about them. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani, Shampa Sadhya

May be. Even one such incident can disfigure the image of a city. that too if that city happens to be Capital of India under the very nose of the Indian Government.

rambabu wrote:

May be. Even one such incident can disfigure the image of a city. that too if that city happens to be Capital of India under the very nose of the Indian Government.

Would you please recheck the title of this thread please?

Thank you said by: rambabu
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Would you please recheck the title of this thread please?

Thank you Sunil. I corrected now

This is not confined just to Delhi.. it is the sate of our country.

I haven't traveled by public transport in a while.  However, I have seen women carrying  a baby and luggage while the man walks ahead of his other little kids and the weary woman. 

My domestic help would work all day to feed her husband who would spends all the money watching movies and drinking. He doesn't work  he either sleeps or watches TV all day long

These happens more often than a man getting up to offer a woman a seat on a bus. 

These are not the exceptions but the rule.  I do know a lot of men who go out of their way to make a woman comfortable, but they are few and far between. 

Yes. This is not restricted Delhi alone. But the issue gained more importance considering the fact, it happened in the Capital Of India. All the administrative machinery is a stone's throw.

I have lived in Delhi for years and with an area of almost 1500 KM2 with diverse population coming from different parts of the country and so many refugees to manage and the worst of all every opposition party making the life tough of administrators and government departments. I know this is no refuse for bad management for any city but this is a common factor for any city of the world and more so people of our country having no sense of behavior in general. 

While agreeing with what you said, I would like to say, if such things happen in other places, people would have dismissed it. But i already told you why this news has gained importance. If Rambabu refuses to offer his seat to a standing woman, nobody bothers. If Narendra Modi himself does this press goes gaga over it.

I never take stuff from Huffington post seriously. However, the author seems to contradict herself. On one hand she is crying about how males are given preferred over women and on the other she resents the reservation and equal opportunity provided by the government. Somehow the article lacks focus. It would have been great if she only spoke about attitudes and behaviors and left it at that.. she has confused it with other issues which has robbed it of its impact. 

I ;love Huffing ton post,. That's up to the individual concerned to believe the veracity of a particular channel.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.