Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
rambabu wrote:

An ideal parenting indeed.Children emulate parents. If the child sees its parents who start their day with an I phone and end their day with an I phone they too follow the suit.

Parents can stop children from using gadgets. But it is hard to stop young. I saw most of young have smart phones in their hand and they are using to much. Using smart phones to much is not a healthy habits. 

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

An ideal parenting indeed.Children emulate parents. If the child sees its parents who start their day with an I phone and end their day with an I phone they too follow the suit.

Parents can stop children from using gadgets. But it is hard to stop young. I saw most of young have smart phones in their hand and they are using to much. Using smart phones to much is not a healthy habits. 

I agree stopping children using gadgets is difficult. But parents should see somehow a way to stop children using such gadgets.

The biggest problem is everyone Is using It. This creates peer pressure.  Even If some parents restrict them at home, they have this free access at their friends places. Children should be u able to understand for themselves the harm It is causing. 

Lopamudra wrote:

The biggest problem is everyone Is using It. This creates peer pressure.  Even If some parents restrict them at home, they have this free access at their friends places. Children should be u able to understand for themselves the harm It is causing. 

Yeah, peer pressure is another big hindrance once the children reach an impressionable age and are more concerned about their own image for their peers. But what I feel is that once we inculcate certain hobbies and habits from the beginning itself, then it does not become such a great problem. I have made it a point to inculcate reading habit in my son and always refrained myself from using phones in his presence other than making necessary calls. Also when I work on my computer I keep stressing to him that computer is only for work and only a certain time limit is allowed for watching cartoon clips on it. He is now so much hooked on reading and creating things out of cardboard paper etc. that he is not at all interested in phones. He also likes to use computer only when he wants to do his own 'research' as he calls it on things such as aliens which he likes! So it actually is up to parents where usage or overusage of gadgets is concerned.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: rambabu
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Lopamudra wrote:

Yeah, peer pressure is another big hindrance once the children reach an impressionable age and are more concerned about their own image for their peers. But what I feel is that once we inculcate certain hobbies and habits from the beginning itself, then it does not become such a great problem. I have made it a point to inculcate reading habit in my son and always refrained myself from using phones in his presence other than making necessary calls. Also when I work on my computer I keep stressing to him that computer is only for work and only a certain time limit is allowed for watching cartoon clips on it. He is now so much hooked on reading and creating things out of cardboard paper etc. that he is not at all interested in phones. He also likes to use computer only when he wants to do his own 'research' as he calls it on things such as aliens which he likes! So it actually is up to parents where usage or overusage of gadgets is concerned.

True Kalyani. Peer pressure will not be a problem for those parents who inculcate good habits right from the child's formative years.
 As you said, once these habits are planted in the child's mind, things will take place of their own accord.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Lopamudra wrote:

Very true. I too feel reading is one of the best things a child can get addicted to which will can lower the outside influences. Especially if they know that their whims are not going to be met with at their homes, gradually the interest to get into anything that has a negative influence would probably wane away. I do the same things you mentioned with my son and he also enjoys plying the keyboard, going out cycling and playing cricket even if there are just one or two like him. But I have also been teaching till I quit recently and have found a lot of children totally into all these games and everything they name are sooo unnatural and violent such as real steel, clash of clans ,robots and stuff and everyone competing with each other, that I feel parents need to be counselled along with the kids and told about the harm all these things are causing.

I contribute to the opinions Kalyani and Lopamudra.

Your kids won’t grow out of unhealthy behaviors on their own. They need Parent's guidance and help! Without it, bad habits will likely multiply and turn into an ugly, unhealthy lifestyle. And at that point, you won’t be able to do anything about it.

Remember, it's easy to shape a sapling than a well grown Tree.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.