Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

It makes lot of sense.I replied already. It's certainly a burden. though I use Bus frequently,  the bus owners collect the tax they paid from the Bus users.Bus fare increase. Is not a burden ?

rambabu wrote:

Roads are the property of the Government. One has to pay for using the Roads.

But, as a user of the Road, if you have any grievance pertaining to Damages caused to your vehicle due bad roads, you can approach Consumer Forms. You have a right to claim the damages.

Exactly, roads are property of government and the civilians pay road tax in different forms like you start paying as soon as you buy a vehicle or pay surcharges at different points including purchase of petrol/diesel. This is government's duty to provide safe roads to commuters.  

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

But, as a user of the Road, if you have any grievance pertaining to Damages caused to your vehicle due bad roads, you can approach Consumer Forms. You have a right to claim the damages.

Exactly, roads are property of government and the civilians pay road tax in different forms like you start paying as soon as you buy a vehicle or pay surcharges at different points including purchase of petrol/diesel. This is government's duty to provide safe roads to commuters.  

Definetey it's the Government's duty to provide safe roads to the user. In case, the government fails in it's duty, as a user of the road, Consumer forums are there for redressal. These forums do not charge anything. They appoint a lawyer also. Many road users who claimed damages for bad road conditions were compensated.

rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Definetey it's the Government's duty to provide safe roads to the user. In case, the government fails in it's duty, as a user of the road, Consumer forums are there for redressal. These forums do not charge anything. They appoint a lawyer also. Many road users who claimed damages for bad road conditions were compensated.

This thread discussion is regarding toll tax which is extra burden on commuters and not bad roads please. Commuters in this case are paying multiple taxes for using the same roads which is unfair on part of the government.

Many road construction work is given to private companies, and the companies are allowed to collect the money by having toll booths on those roads. But I have heard in news,  many times these tolls still there on the roads even after the collection of enough money.  The roads should be made toll free after the collection of desired money. Our government should strictly observe this.

http://www.comparenshop.in

Of course, alternative measures are to be devised by the Government to reduce the burden on the Road users.

Manoj Kumar Lamba wrote:

Many road construction work is given to private companies, and the companies are allowed to collect the money by having toll booths on those roads. But I have heard in news,  many times these tolls still there on the roads even after the collection of enough money.  The roads should be made toll free after the collection of desired money. Our government should strictly observe this.

Most of the time this is what happens..The government takes over fro the private companies after the period is over and the company has been compensated in full. On bangalore - Mangalore Highway we had one toll booth owned by a private company in the nineties,  somewhere in between because a bridge was constructed and four-laning was done for about 3 kms in collaboration with National Highway authorities . Now this toll continues and there are 4 more added in this 350 km stretch and to enter Bangalore you have to go through 3 tolls .So in effect to get to Bangalore you have to cross 8 tolls ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Toll Tax is something that a road user cannot escape from. If the extension of roads and building bridges is undertaken by private contractors you can expect quality. The roads long last. But the expenditure involved is also more. And all this is collected from the Road user in the name of Toll Tax,

I think a frequent traveler knows how it feels like when he has to travel on a long rout and stops every 10-40 kilometers to pay a hefty sum and wait in long queues on both ways for the same roads which he has been using for long time without paying anything or very little... That is toll tax for you and not to talk about the surcharges added in fuel's cost in the name of development of roads. I have not mentioned the road tax because that was always there.

Yes . I travel by Bus to go to a group of villages adopted by my employer in Vizag. There i'm supposed to teach art to the village slum dwellers. As I volunteered to take up the classes my employer will not pay my Bus fares. That's why I know the pains of Toll Taxes.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.