Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
rambabu wrote:

Any road, be it a highway or an express high way are Built by the government. It's its property.Where from  the revenue comes ? They throw the burden on the road user. You cannot expect to live in a house owned by somebody free of rent.

We  do not live free.. the point you are missing is though we are taxed repeatedly we never get our money's worth. Instead we are put through hardships. That is not fair. 

In a public transport the burden is collectively shared, the private vehicle user feels the pinch and the pain of it all. 

Sofs wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Any road, be it a highway or an express high way are Built by the government. It's its property.Where from  the revenue comes ? They throw the burden on the road user. You cannot expect to live in a house owned by somebody free of rent.

We  do not live free.. the point you are missing is though we are taxed repeatedly we never get our money's worth. Instead we are put through hardships. That is not fair. 

In a public transport the burden is collectively shared, the private vehicle user feels the pinch and the pain of it all. 

Absolutely ! Besides the usual expenditure involved, you pay parking and so many other charges and added to that is the extras like tolls when you decide to travel in a vehicle bought by your hard earned money , paying taxes so that you get the benefit of using a well maintained road ?? 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Manoj Kumar Lamba wrote:

Many road construction work is given to private companies, and the companies are allowed to collect the money by having toll booths on those roads. But I have heard in news,  many times these tolls still there on the roads even after the collection of enough money.  The roads should be made toll free after the collection of desired money. Our government should strictly observe this.

It wouldn't be possible to make it free after the initial costs are covered, because a good road needs constant maintenance. Its does cost a lot to maintain the quality of roads.

However, as you feel at least the burden of toll fees can be reduced considerably over a period of time.

Consequently, it seems road building and maintenance works are what bring money to politicians today. They recover the costs of being elected from the contracts given out for these purposes. 

We just become pawns in their game. 

Thinking of waiving Toll Tax is impracticable.

Only alternative worth considering is reducing the toll tax as much as possible.

rambabu wrote:

To understand taxation, one need not be a regular traveler. I use Bus. The bus owner has to pay the toll tax. Do you think he pays from his pocket? He charges toll tax from Bus users..It results in hike in Bus fares.

yes sir well said i too don't understand all these taxation system but as you said and explain with an example of bus fares and the passenger who travel in bus, i got it and that was a tremendous example. Most of the people don't know that they are paying tax on traveling through road indirectly for example: - when they travel in bus, train etc

bhuyali saroj

bhuyali saroj wrote:
rambabu wrote:

To understand taxation, one need not be a regular traveler. I use Bus. The bus owner has to pay the toll tax. Do you think he pays from his pocket? He charges toll tax from Bus users..It results in hike in Bus fares.

yes sir well said i too don't all these taxation system but as you said and explain with an example of bus fares and the passenger who travel in bus, i got it and that was a tremendous example

I agree Toll tax is a burden. But that's the way how Government recovers from the Road users for the Government's expenditure for laying the roads, culverts and bridges.

We have all agreed that we do not have a problem with tolls per say.. Let me once again restate my point - it is the amount, the kind of service and the difficulties that take a toll on us. 

We are taxed for everything we buy and every service we make use of.  Its is unfair to charge so much for poor service and keep on adding to the burden. 

Taxes are revenue generating tools. Government cannot avoid them or completely abolish. What you intended to say is quite clear. If one feels the amount is too high, they can travel by Buses operated by respective state governments. The toll tax will be shared by all the bus travelers, which will be less comparatively.

rambabu wrote:

Taxes are revenue generating tools. Government cannot avoid them or completely abolish. What you intended to say is quite clear. If one feels the amount is too high, they can travel by Buses operated by respective state governments. The toll tax will be shared by all the bus travelers, which will be less comparatively.

I guess everyone understands taxes are revenue for governments. 

Travelling by buses is a personal choice. 

No one spoke about abolishing toll anywhere here. 

The point seems to be missed .. we need services for the price we pay..is it that bad to ask for quality service? I don't understand this argument. 

rambabu wrote:

Let me put it this way- I am paying 100/ because I am traveling in a car where as you are paying Rs 3 because you are traveling in a bus with 50 other passengers. How would you feel if they charge 100/ each passenger traveling by bus? Besides the bus is far heavier than a car and making bigger load on the road. Be honest while answering this.... Are you ready to accept this formula?

PS The toll tax is charged two wheeler 20/

Car 100/ Passengers not taken into account

Bus 150/ .... Do

Trucks 250/ Load no factor

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.