Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:

The best and healthiest way of keeping mosquitoes away within your hme is to have a Citronella plant , the leaves of which is used in making mosquito repellent and natural oils ...The plant is a natural repellent and growing in the garden too is very helpful..

637848c42c9e3143cd3c6243ec5f667c

Try lemongrass and marigolds, strong fragrances of both plants also keep mosquitoes away.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

The best and healthiest way of keeping mosquitoes away within your hme is to have a Citronella plant , the leaves of which is used in making mosquito repellent and natural oils ...The plant is a natural repellent and growing in the garden too is very helpful..

637848c42c9e3143cd3c6243ec5f667c

Try lemongrass and marigolds, strong fragrances of both plants also keep mosquitoes away.

Yes Kalyani, I have both the plants in my garden ...but one plant of Citronella kept inside the house is really amazing.The only problem is that it is difficult to grow it since it requires light . So , now I mix a few drops of Citranella oil into water and keep it around the room..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Mosquito repellents can be made with simple things available in home.

You need a spray bottle. Add neem oil and liquid soap. Shake well and apply directly to the exposed skin.

Organic Insect Repellent Ingredients: 5 ml Neem Oil 2 ml liquid soap (organic) 1L Distilled Water Directions: Pour water into spray bottle Add Neem Oil and liquid soap Shake and apply directly to exposed skin

Copyright © 2014 - Survival at Home - Read more at: http://survivalathome.com/5-homemade-mosquito-repellents/

Organic Insect Repellent Ingredients: 5 ml Neem Oil 2 ml liquid soap (organic) 1L Distilled Water Directions: Pour water into spray bottle Add Neem Oil and liquid soap Shake and apply directly to exposed skin

Copyright © 2014 - Survival at Home - Read more at: http://survivalathome.com/5-homemade-mosquito-repellents/

I belong to o blood group people and yes sometimes I feel I suffer more from mosquito bites than the surrounding people.disappointed.png 

Neha Sadana wrote:

I belong to o blood group people and yes sometimes I feel I suffer more from mosquito bites than the surrounding people.disappointed.png 

I too belong to O group people but never have this problem. In fact, my friends with other blood types have this problem so I seriously doubt the authenticity of such studies.

One of the reasons for Mosquito bites is unhygienic surroundings. The best way to avoid Mosquito bite is to   burn a few leaves of Neem and hang at the entrance of your room. The other way is to sleep under the protection of Mosquito net.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

I too belong to O group people but never have this problem. In fact, my friends with other blood types have this problem so I seriously doubt the authenticity of such studies.

Babies no matter what blood group they belong to get bitten by mosquitoes the most ! In fact there are many other reasons why mosquitoes bite us , not just because of a certain blood grouping which is but one reason..

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/why-do-mosquitoes-bite-some-people-more-than-others-10255934/?no-ist

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Blood type can also influence, how likely you are to get bitten by mosquitoes. Researchers say that people with type O are twice as likely to get bitten as those with type B

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2998662/Why-people-attract-mosquitoes-Genes-blood-type-beer-drinking-blame.html

I am listening first time about, I hear that mosquitoes attract to the smell of sweat.

It's news to me. That's, in order to repel mosquitoes we should sleep in a place, where air flows freely. And there will not be sweating. Or one can sleep in an A/C room. If there is no A/C, one can sleep under a fan.

Yes we have not any problem of mosquitoes at at place where air flow freely and under the fan.

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Babies no matter what blood group they belong to get bitten by mosquitoes the most ! In fact there are many other reasons why mosquitoes bite us , not just because of a certain blood grouping which is but one reason..

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/why-do-mosquitoes-bite-some-people-more-than-others-10255934/?no-ist

True...there are many more reasons why some people are bitten more than others, I think people with diabetes too might be the ones who get bitten more! However, since my son was born, we made it a habit to sleep under a mosquito net, at all times, better safe than sorry!

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Quite an informative article given in the link. Blood group is not the only factor that contributes to mosquito bite,.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.