Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

They say, one who gives good is Anna Data ( Food Giver). And one who saves every gain, stops wastage is " PranData" ( life Giver) . How appropriate it is !

I salute those great souls.!

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Such a innovative idea of sharing food with poor children, great initiative indeed:

https://www.facebook.com/ravijain21/videos/10151569768169259/

If each one of us think on those lines a lot can be done to eradicate hunger . People who can afford to eat well never think of people who are less  fortunate...If only there is social awareness in people ..

No doubt this gentleman is doing noble deed. What is our government is doing. Lacs of tonnes of grain wasting every year because country have nor storage facilities.

It is not right just to blame the government for every single thing while we ourselves are equally to blame. How many of us go out on the limb and help the farmers? Leave helping any one aside, how many of us take conscious and active efforts to avoid wasting food? How many of us resolve not to spend thousands to visit places such as Tirupati, Shirdi, other places of pilgrimage and then bribe those respective gods with further hundreds and thousands of rupees? So let us not blame the government and start taking some efforts on our own. Let us stop wasting food, water etc. stop buying vegetables and fruits from supermarkets and start buying from local grocers etc.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

" Annam Para Brhma Swaroopam. " so goes the saying.One who treats food in a useful manner himself is doing a great service to the humanity. Blaming government is of no use. It's you who should initiative.

By leaving everything to the govt. we conveniently abrogate our duty and sleep peacefully!!!

Everyone is a part of the society. All for one and one for all is the only Mantra that works. Not by Passing the Buck.

In today's India it seems the mantra is all for one -- not the way you meant.

I meant each one is dependent on other, though not for anything at least for their own survival. You can suggest a better way other than what I said.

It was meant as a pun. If you did not get it let us forget it. Better luck to both of us next time.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Such a innovative idea of sharing food with poor children, great initiative indeed:

https://www.facebook.com/ravijain21/videos/10151569768169259/

If each one of us think on those lines a lot can be done to eradicate hunger . People who can afford to eat well never think of people who are less  fortunate...If only there is social awareness in people ..

No doubt this gentleman is doing noble deed. What is our government is doing. Lacs of tonnes of grain wasting every year because country have nor storage facilities.

It is not right just to blame the government for every single thing while we ourselves are equally to blame. How many of us go out on the limb and help the farmers? Leave helping any one aside, how many of us take conscious and active efforts to avoid wasting food? How many of us resolve not to spend thousands to visit places such as Tirupati, Shirdi, other places of pilgrimage and then bribe those respective gods with further hundreds and thousands of rupees? So let us not blame the government and start taking some efforts on our own. Let us stop wasting food, water etc. stop buying vegetables and fruits from supermarkets and start buying from local grocers etc.

Wastage has become a way of life with many households, they take pride in it ! One of my friend says that they throw away the left over rice rather than keep it in the fridge and eat it the next day ...She does not want to consider the fact that rice kept overnight in the fridge becomes healthier, with far less calories.We also have this habit of serving food when guests come and the plate is filled to the brim rather than in small portions.I remember an incident once when we visited some very traditional friends for lunch , the lady served us a huge portion of rice and curries.I ate with difficulty and managed to finish everything on the plate and immediately she began serving again because they felt I was still hungry or else i would have left something on the plate...These age old beliefs , carried forward now make things even more dicey !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Food wasting in these days of food scarcity is a deplorable act deserving strong condemnation. Yes, as you said some people take pride in wasting the food to show that careless attitude. For them eating till the last grain and clean the platter is an action that indicates miserliness.

In this respect I should appreciate my wife who will not allow me to get up from my dining table until I eat away the last grain.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.