Yes, you may be different person in your personal life or for other people but you will have different reputation at your work. It is due to the people you are surrounded with.

If you work with those people who are different on your face and different on your back, naturally your reputation will change accordingly.

You may be a peaceful person at your personal life but spending time with those kinds of people who are dishonest and biased at their work, it is natural that your attitude too will change. Either you will agree with them or oppose.

So for me reputation is what you get from your surrounding. It is just a mirror and reflection from others. 

Regards

Jeets

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Ultimately everything depends on the individual..If you are not happy with something why stick on ? We choose the work spot and either we try to bring in some positive changes or else leave the work spot if you feel it is not favorable to you ..If it is a question of survival and you are unable to leave then you do what you have to do and leave the rest to take care of itself !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I think we can always choose the kind of people we want to be seen with. If it is totally unavoidable to get away from dishonest people at work, you can still make yourself appear different from them by the way you work. After all, when we are at work, it is the kind of work we do and the way we do it that defines us. So as long as you take care of your honesty, sincerity and integrity, you do not have to worry about others.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

It is my belief that I am what I am independent of what others judge me to be! In the ultimate analysis we have to be accountable to our inner selves at the end of the day.About people we are surrounded with,I won't care much to ones whose beliefs,tastes,philosophies are diametrically opposite to that of mine and at the same time I ensure making no big issues out of our difference. I would not allow them to deny me the pleasure of life!

Society is made of Good and Bad. Society is not entirely made of good people or entirely made of people. Akin to this there are good people and Bad people as well.

Those who wanted to lead a good life have chosen the Good in the society. And those who wanted to lead a bad and dishonest life have chosen Bad in the society.

So it's obvious that you always have an option and choose.

Every one of us is different, with unique thoughts, principles and philosophy. It is not the external nature, but our internal nature that decides who we are and what we should become. The moment I become a slave of the surrounding, I lose my individuality or I lose my control over my life. But if the situation compels me to change my real nature and force me through a negative track against my conscience, I have no other option but to leave that environment.

@Jeets, as you said, we do respond to different situations depending upon the stimulus( here, behavior of various people) . We may be peace loving people at heart but if we encounter dishonesty or aggressiveness ,we do react accordingly. But reputation is not something earned depending on your reactions or backbiters. Reputation is gained over the years. A person who is calm and peace loving by nature  will ultimately be seen the way he is because his natural instinct or reaction would be to sort out matters or stay away from such people or mend bridges. Likewise an honest person will be judged based on his work and not on what people speak behind his back.

Well said. It's the person concerned and his inner traits that makes a vast difference. It's your decision and willingness that makes good or bad out of you. Of course if one faces a few compelling situations that varies from his nature, he has no other option but to leave the scenario.

It is widely known that a man is known by the company he keeps. as regards colleaugues or business asociates, this is different matter. You can't choose pesons with whom you will work. It is a virtue to adjust even with those who are of diffrent type. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

It is widely known that a man is known by the company he keeps. as regards colleaugues or business asociates, this is different matter. You can't choose pesons with whom you will work. It is a virtue to adjust even with those who are of diffrent type. 

Agreed sir. you can't choose the persons with whom you work. But everybody cannot adjust themselves to the different atmosphere and different people with whom you work. But there is an option always. If one cannot adjust, it is better to leave instead of getting suffocated in unfavorable condition.

rambabu wrote:
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

Agreed sir. you can't choose the persons with whom you work. But everybody cannot adjust themselves to the different atmosphere and different people with whom you work. But there is an option always. If one cannot adjust, it is better to leave instead of getting suffocated in unfavorable condition.

It is not practicable. As a petty entrepreneur, you may choose employees. In small organization, you may exercise influence for getting co workersof your choice. But it is usually nor possible. Persons of diggerent habits and mind set are required to work together as a team. Now if you feel suffocated in anofice envirnment, there is no guarantee that elsewhee you will get an environment of your liking. Actuallly ability to get on with all sorts of individuals is a virtue. Here on the Boddunan site itself, we find members with different mindset, ability and temperament. But we adjust with all.    

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.