Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Shampa Sadhya
Platinum Mate
56 1.65k 11.2k
7 years ago

I would stick to my ways. I always believe that I am a misfit in this world because most of the people around me behave very differently from me. Now the point is, should I change my attitude just to adjust to my surrounding? No, I won't because I know that I am not dishonest and I never harm others so there is no question of changing myself according to those people who suppose to believe in all the negative ways of life. My reputation has to be intact so that I can face my conscience and in that phase the outer world cannot govern me. They are the hurdles of my life with whom I have to work and must not develop any personal relationship.  


shampasaid

rambabu
Perandor
1.49k 32k 218.8k
7 years ago
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
rambabu wrote:
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

It is widely known that a man is known by the company he keeps. as regards colleaugues or business asociates, this is different matter. You can't choose pesons with whom you will work. It is a virtue to adjust even with those who are of diffrent type. 

Agreed sir. you can't choose the persons with whom you work. But everybody cannot adjust themselves to the different atmosphere and different people with whom you work. But there is an option always. If one cannot adjust, it is better to leave instead of getting suffocated in unfavorable condition.

It is not practicable. As a petty entrepreneur, you may choose employees. In small organization, you may exercise influence for getting co workersof your choice. But it is usually nor possible. Persons of diggerent habits and mind set are required to work together as a team. Now if you feel suffocated in anofice envirnment, there is no guarantee that elsewhee you will get an environment of your liking. Actuallly ability to get on with all sorts of individuals is a virtue. Here on the Boddunan site itself, we find members with different mindset, ability and temperament. But we adjust with all

 

While agreeing with all the points which are apt and appropriate, i have a doubt. Suppose there is a team which is appointed for discharging a job by an organization. If in this team if there are members with the same nature and same objective the job is performed successfully. Contrary to this if the members of the team disagree with each other what the team leader can do and what he can achieve ? in these conditions will it not jeopardize the very purpose of the Team ?

 

 

 

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Editor & Super Moderator
3.48k 21.9k 176.9k
7 years ago
rambabu wrote:
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
rambabu wrote:
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

It is widely known that a man is known by the company he keeps. as regards colleaugues or business asociates, this is different matter. You can't choose pesons with whom you will work. It is a virtue to adjust even with those who are of diffrent type. 

Agreed sir. you can't choose the persons with whom you work. But everybody cannot adjust themselves to the different atmosphere and different people with whom you work. But there is an option always. If one cannot adjust, it is better to leave instead of getting suffocated in unfavorable condition.

It is not practicable. As a petty entrepreneur, you may choose employees. In small organization, you may exercise influence for getting co workersof your choice. But it is usually nor possible. Persons of diggerent habits and mind set are required to work together as a team. Now if you feel suffocated in anofice envirnment, there is no guarantee that elsewhee you will get an environment of your liking. Actuallly ability to get on with all sorts of individuals is a virtue. Here on the Boddunan site itself, we find members with different mindset, ability and temperament. But we adjust with all

 

While agreeing with all the points which are apt and appropriate, i have a doubt. Suppose there is a team which is appointed for discharging a job by an organization. If in this team if there are members with the same nature and same objective the job is performed successfully. Contrary to this if the members of the team disagree with each other what the team leader can do and what he can achieve ? in these conditions will it not jeopardize the very purpose of the Team ?

 

Yes. I agree. But acapable team leader should have capacity to convince all. Also if some still disagree, he can say that he respects their views but as a team leader it is his responsibility to perform the task and he would expect that his decision is emplemented by all. A business and government organization differs from norms of democracy.  The leader will get views of all and discuss. But at the end his decision will prevail. There would be no issue. It is very rare that all in a group will agree on a point. It is majority view or the view of team leader that prevails. If it is not possible even then to agree on some point, opinion of higher level authorities or organization can be sought after which thee will be no difficulty. 


G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: rambabu
rambabu
Perandor
1.49k 32k 218.8k
7 years ago
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
rambabu wrote:
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
rambabu wrote:
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

It is widely known that a man is known by the company he keeps. as regards colleaugues or business asociates, this is different matter. You can't choose pesons with whom you will work. It is a virtue to adjust even with those who are of diffrent type. 

Agreed sir. you can't choose the persons with whom you work. But everybody cannot adjust themselves to the different atmosphere and different people with whom you work. But there is an option always. If one cannot adjust, it is better to leave instead of getting suffocated in unfavorable condition.

It is not practicable. As a petty entrepreneur, you may choose employees. In small organization, you may exercise influence for getting co workersof your choice. But it is usually nor possible. Persons of diggerent habits and mind set are required to work together as a team. Now if you feel suffocated in anofice envirnment, there is no guarantee that elsewhee you will get an environment of your liking. Actuallly ability to get on with all sorts of individuals is a virtue. Here on the Boddunan site itself, we find members with different mindset, ability and temperament. But we adjust with all

 

While agreeing with all the points which are apt and appropriate, i have a doubt. Suppose there is a team which is appointed for discharging a job by an organization. If in this team if there are members with the same nature and same objective the job is performed successfully. Contrary to this if the members of the team disagree with each other what the team leader can do and what he can achieve ? in these conditions will it not jeopardize the very purpose of the Team ?

 

Yes. I agree. But acapable team leader should have capacity to convince all. Also if some still disagree, he can say that he respects their views but as a team leader it is his responsibility to perform the task and he would expect that his decision is emplemented by all. A business and government organization differs from norms of democracy.  The leader will get views of all and discuss. But at the end his decision will prevail. There would be no issue. It is very rare that all in a group will agree on a point. It is majority view or the view of team leader that prevails. If it is not possible even then to agree on some point, opinion of higher level authorities or organization can be sought after which thee will be no difficulty. 

Thank you sir for clearing my doubts and suspicions. I could understand the entire situation in different contexts and conditions.

 

usha manohar
Basileus
704 19.5k 126.1k
7 years ago
Lopamudra wrote:

@Jeets, as you said, we do respond to different situations depending upon the stimulus( here, behavior of various people) . We may be peace loving people at heart but if we encounter dishonesty or aggressiveness ,we do react accordingly. But reputation is not something earned depending on your reactions or backbiters. Reputation is gained over the years. A person who is calm and peace loving by nature  will ultimately be seen the way he is because his natural instinct or reaction would be to sort out matters or stay away from such people or mend bridges. Likewise an honest person will be judged based on his work and not on what people speak behind his back.

I would agree with that . We also have to remember that at any given time different people view us differently based on many factors , personal or work based.So one cannot go around pleasing everyone nor worry about what people think of you. You do what you have to do within your ability and you will build a reputation of your own regardless of who you are with ...


Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Lopamudra, chinmoymukherjee
chinmoymukherjee
Caesar
934 14.7k 122.3k
7 years ago

If the heart is the chamber and conscience the lamp

holding it we have to keep its flame high and aglow in all conditions and in the face of all odds and adversities.The conscience of all great personages were not made of plasticine but diamond.Only yesmen and time-servers trot out utilitarian arguments to hide their moral poverty and turpitude.

usha manohar
Basileus
704 19.5k 126.1k
7 years ago
chinmoymukherjee wrote:

If the heart is the chamber and conscience the lamp

holding it we have to keep its flame high and aglow in all conditions and in the face of all odds and adversities.The conscience of all great personages were not made of plasticine but diamond.Only yesmen and time-servers trot out utilitarian arguments to hide their moral poverty and turpitude.

Very true, having said that I feel fence sitting is a national pastime in our country so much so that people change their views with every turn of events. And on the other hand some people who think they are firm in their stand on issues can be stubborn to the point where they refuse to distinguish right from wrong, both equally difficult propositions for those who have to deal with them on a day today basis !!!!unamused.png


Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

chinmoymukherjee
Caesar
934 14.7k 122.3k
7 years ago

@Usha We are not discussing the typical behavioral disorder of some,not accepting the reality as it is but broader point of validity of conduct remaining steadfastly loyal to one's core principles.Had not Mahatma,Raja Ram Mohan Roy,Vidyasagar remained obstinate(!) to their chosen paths and goals the destiny of women of this country would have veered off to a different trajectory altogether. It was not a moral luxury for them but a necessity. How contemporaries treated them ? With stings of ridicule and heaps of insults.They shone gloriously in their majestic isolation. To cite a recent case which can open the eyes of those who wear utilitarian blinkers.All we know how Satyam Computers and its founder Raju courted disaster by only lending his soul to his majority of evil-doing ministers by completely eliminating the saner and conscientious elements!

rambabu
Perandor
1.49k 32k 218.8k
7 years ago

Raja Ram Mohan Roy is a great historical figure who put laudable efforts to transform India and dared to defy the age old Hindu traditions.His relentless fight against Sati system which caused lot of brow raising around. He was threatened in many ways including castigation. But nothing stopped him.

 

Jeets
Junior Boarder
27 39 371
7 years ago

Thank you all who have responded to this thread and enlighten me with your own thought and experience.

 Thankfully I have left that organization and I have no regret about it. 


Regards

Jeets

Thank you said by: usha manohar, Shampa Sadhya
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.