Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:

From my own experience , a well brought up individual may get out of hand in the company of friends or due to peer pressure but never resorts to criminal activities, which shows a weakness in one's nature. having fun while you are young even going above board at times is acceptable but not resorting to anti socail activities like destroying publi8c property and harming others, that is just not right !

That is exactly what I wanted to say. Having arguments with others or some kind of verbal altercation is still okay, but when it comes right down to fisticuffs, use of choicest curse words and threatening with use of firearms all points to criminal and sociopathic inclinations. So it reflects very very poorly on the said persons and the institutes they represent/

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Obviously, there should be a limit. This is what I meant in my previous comment. If a group behaves like goons then there is no consideration but if as a group they indulge in some sort of mischief but within the limit then they must get some benefit of doubt especially age is a big factor which should not be ignored.  

shampasaid

Once an individual even if  he or she is young, has been instilled with the right values , they automatically perceive what is right and what their limits are .Most of us would be lenient where age is concerned even the law has a different set of punishment for those very young and they would be given the benefit of doubt even by the law court !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Now, in Nirbhaya case the juvenile should not be let off because he was the cruellest among all and the whole gang caused brutality. There if we judge the juvenile according to his gang then there is nothing wrong. Well, if some break a queue and try to board a bus which definitely causes inconvenience for the others become an issue to be judged is asking for too much. It can be a moment of disagreement and disliking for the act but branding someone on the ground of misconduct caused due to the standard of companions is harsh on all of them.   

shampasaid

a good man is always good. To say that temporarily he can be permitted bad behaviour is not proper because then good behaviour is a put on.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

These days youngsters have too many conflicting notions to deal with ..they are bombarded by media coverage, friends opinions and the parents controlling them, and also their own biological changes which makes them behave irrationally at times. I have seen this happen with my own students from Junior college who are quite different when they are outside. The most well behaved student goes berserk while with friends or when there is a group of girls around ..I have questioned a couple of them after having caught them in the act and they feel very sorry and listen to whatever advice that is given but whether they follow it is another matter !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Youngsters in all eras are under conflict. It is how they resolve htem that defines a society.

I believe that the demarcation line between good and bad is not thin. It's not like nineteen and twenty but the gap is quite bigger and that's why I think legally also there are so many acts and sections prescribed for any law. Thus, sometimes some good persons may cross the line, a bit more than their regular behaviour but well below the bad one, he/she should be chided and counselled then good ones are bound to walk on a right track. 

shampasaid

The ability to distinguish between Good and Bad is not everybody's cup of tea. To have this ability, One has to develop from the childhood. For this, both parents and teachers should help the child. We all know all good habits or bad habits start from the home. For this, counseling also helps. There are many counseling centers

Have a look at this site.

http://www.childsupport.in/html/about_us.html

yes the family plays a very important role in developing the ability to distinguish between good and bad by a growing child. Imagine the value system the children of corrupt politicians , officials, builders etc inherit. It looks very normal to them.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.