Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Honesty certainly gives courage. But for this,  one has to be a firm believer in himself and be able to stand to the adverse situations without quitting. But in these days of rampant corruption and political interference how many such people you can find ? That's why it is easier to quit and live peacefully instead of buying troubles leaning on age old  beliefs.

If you quit you cannot live peacefully - that is for sure!

No worries what soever. I still have my publishing agencies who are willing to make things in my own way. Even Vizag Steel, a PS industry gave me all liberties. Of course, this happened to me and it doesn't mean everybody will have such opportunity.

Swetha dear,the unvarnished truth and the stark fact has been that no epochs of history ensured a better fate for those who traversed the narrow,straight and lonely path of honest. They ploughed the lonely furrows with complete knowledge of consequences and suffered them stoically.They suffered but society benefited at their cost and sufferings!!
Thank you said by: suni51

Even I would prefer to be honest rather than take advantage of my position. And who said honesty is a policy? In fact honesty is the religion but dishonesty is always a policy for people who wish to take undue advantage.  

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

And there is no dearth of dishonest people who take Undue advantage for their own benefits. And in this process the sacred religion of what we call Honesty is being mutilated , distorted and disfigured. In this adverse conditions there is no iota of a chance for the survival of Honesty.

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

" Honesty is the Best Policy " has no validity in the present scenario. The way in which Honest officers are fired or killed establishes Honesty is the best policy is impracticable and impossible.

Like every thing else, there is limit to honesty also. Too much dishonesty also does not work. One has to be pragmatic enough. Dirung course of time, some standards of bribe or 'commission' are fixed. Giving or taking bribe according to such 'standards' is permissible. But if some body is too greedy and demands more, there is trouble. On the other hand,if some body is too honest and will not work according to accepted norms and rates of bribe, he will be an utter falure.

Proverb is right but time is wrong. A person must be honest for yourself. As possible we should be honest.

I remember the movie Satyakam- on total honesty and truth. The  total honest man is a great sufferer. He remarks sarcastically-  Honesty is not best policy. Honesty is my nature, my dharama.

Honety is great but we donot deserve this. Total honesty is ideal situation but this is bad policy in a society consisting mainly of corrupt or dishonest.

You are right sir, Bhains ke agey been bajney se kya fayda.    

anil wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

" Honesty is the Best Policy " has no validity in the present scenario. The way in which Honest officers are fired or killed establishes Honesty is the best policy is impracticable and impossible.

Like every thing else, there is limit to honesty also. Too much dishonesty also does not work. One has to be pragmatic enough. Dirung course of time, some standards of bribe or 'commission' are fixed. Giving or taking bribe according to such 'standards' is permissible. But if some body is too greedy and demands more, there is trouble. On the other hand,if some body is too honest and will not work according to accepted norms and rates of bribe, he will be an utter falure.

Proverb is right but time is wrong. A person must be honest for yourself. As possible we should be honest.

I remember the movie Satyakam- on total honesty and truth. The  total honest man is a great sufferer. He remarks sarcastically-  Honesty is not best policy. Honesty is my nature, my dharama.

Honety is great but we donot deserve this. Total honesty is ideal situation but this is bad policy in a society consisting mainly of corrupt or dishonest.

You are right sir, Bhains ke agey been bajney se kya fayda.  

Honesty is the best policy when there are people who can understand, appreciate  your honesty. But  now, when there are dishonest people all around you your honesty will be laughed at. It may be possible the dishonest may harm you too.

I agree with you on this one. There are very few left who believe honesty is something to be proud of. People can go to any length for the sake of short term gains.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Interestingly this thread made me think about the thread "You can hold someone's progress but can't stop for forever" started by Jeets where some opined that whatever the situation be one has to face all odds and keep on marching towards his/her goal. One must not give up under any pressure but here on this thread the opinion completely differed though some of them are the same people. Honesty is definitely not paying positive returns in this corrupt situation but I would say it's the best policy because it gives peace to one's mind and heart as well as keeps the conscience totally clean. Honesty is not required in work place only but at home, among friends, with neighbours and so on is also very much needed. Dishonesty spoils every relationship so I am always in favour of honesty.   

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.