Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Interestingly this thread made me think about the thread "You can hold someone's progress but can't stop for forever" started by Jeets where some opined that whatever the situation be one has to face all odds and keep on marching towards his/her goal. One must not give up under any pressure but here on this thread the opinion completely differed though some of them are the same people. Honesty is definitely not paying positive returns in this corrupt situation but I would say it's the best policy because it gives peace to one's mind and heart as well as keeps the conscience totally clean. Honesty is not required in work place only but at home, among friends, with neighbours and so on is also very much needed. Dishonesty spoils every relationship so I am always in favour of honesty.   

There is a paradox about honesty. even the dishonst expect 'honesty'  from others. A smuggler also likes ;honest enployees'.  In fact, the corrupt and dishonest 'very honestly' share the 'benefit of unlawful income' among themselves. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Interestingly this thread made me think about the thread "You can hold someone's progress but can't stop for forever" started by Jeets where some opined that whatever the situation be one has to face all odds and keep on marching towards his/her goal. One must not give up under any pressure but here on this thread the opinion completely differed though some of them are the same people. Honesty is definitely not paying positive returns in this corrupt situation but I would say it's the best policy because it gives peace to one's mind and heart as well as keeps the conscience totally clean. Honesty is not required in work place only but at home, among friends, with neighbours and so on is also very much needed. Dishonesty spoils every relationship so I am always in favour of honesty.   

There is a paradox about honesty. even the dishonst expect 'honesty'  from others. A smuggler also likes ;honest enployees'.  In fact, the corrupt and dishonest 'very honestly' share the 'benefit of unlawful income' among themselves. 

Indeed a paradox. Being honest is not the solution. But molding one's self in tune with the times is what required. If one has firm faith in Honesty, it's OK. But if that faith ignores the contemporary times, the problems arise. This is clearly indicated in the link article  of this post. And ultimately, its the option left to the individual concerned

There are two thought on honesty,  one that says,  it is common with people in government sector and the other one that applies to private sector people. Both are true in their own ways but I have a doubt in my mind, why then we complain about dishonesty if we have so much concern and importance for the contemporary time' issues. Why and people manage to remain honest where there is no workplace related issues or no government workplaces at all? I think this is all about upbringing of a person who can fabricate excuses for being dishonest.

And what makes the issue most interesting is that people working in government sector and involved in all kind of unfair means have no hesitation in crying fowl at the first opportunity. Ham Nahi Sudhrenge.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Complaining and crying Foul on dishonesty is nothing but ignorance of the current scenario. If there are no problems in work places be it in government or private spheres, why the necessity of complaining against dishonesty arises ?  One should be aware of the validity of a particular belief like " Honesty pays". Sticking to age old beliefs which are no more relevant will make the person repent.

That means you are of the opinion that one should opt dishonesty wherever required. If that's so then there is no need to teach about ethical behaviour to our children from now on.

shampasaid

Accepting is different and seeing the reality in its true perspective and expressing an opinion about the existence of Dishonesty prevailing in the present scenario. Suppose if I ask you, is Dishonesty prevailing in the present society, what would be your answer? And my opinion on prevailing dishonest conditions simply says that I'm not  encouraging Dishonesty.

Thank you said by: Shampa Sadhya

Well, even i do agree, these days Honesty is not best. Before honesty dishonesty is first in race. So according to the situation we have to play our role. If we completely stay honesty we cannot live in this society. My view is being dishonesty is not wrong but cheating people is wrong.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Even dishonesty is not good What is cheating ? Is it not another form of Dishonesty.  In this condition where everywhere dishonesty is ruling the roost, the person concerned should think twice to bow down before dishonesty  or refuse.  Then the question arises.  Where he can go and hide himself from dishonesty ? Is there any place that's free from dishonesty ? In such cases, in my opinion should become a hermit and live the remaining days of his life with the satisfaction that he has not yielded to Dishonesty.

Cheating is different from dishonesty. Cheating means directly cheating people. Being dishonesty mean you won't cheat the people, you just won't be honesty by hiding truths

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

The dishonest also want to be treated with respect. A customer of mine was once raided by the IT Dept. and a heavy penalty was to be imposed on him. The matter was 'settled' and he was required to pay a few lakhs to a top IT official. Innocently he took the cash to the officer's office and was about to hand over when the officer admonished him and to him to come to his house in the evening. At the house the officer berated my friend for insulting him by coming to his office and showing disrespect to his rank. He was furious and all this happened in presence of his wife. After venting his anger he asked his wife to collect the cash and store it safely. My friend told me that he even had to apologise for his lapse. It had become a routine affair for the officer. Dishonesty was to be practiced with respect and dignity.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.