Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

No doubt dishonest people are gaining ground but even in such a scenario, there is always a higher place and respect for someone who does not give into pressure and temptations. The respect such people earn , even if they are very few in number , is immense.The others will be looked down for their deeds !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Lopamudra
@Sarala Are you trying to work on a daring definition of dishonesty and honesty? Don't attempt at bringing two poles at the same place! Of all acts of dishonesty, cheating tops the list.
usha manohar wrote:

No doubt dishonest people are gaining ground but even in such a scenario, there is always a higher place and respect for someone who does not give into pressure and temptations. The respect such people earn , even if they are very few in number , is immense.The others will be looked down for their deeds !

Exactly. Dishonesty is actually an easy way out. Whenever in doubt, lie, cheat,steal and move on with your life seems to be the trend because it suits everyone and  is so convenient and secondly people are so ambitious that they would do whatever it takes to get to the top . In the process however, they have something to hide because it is something they are ashamed of. An honest person may not( I say may not because I personally know various honest, no nonsense, straightforward people reaching great heights) reach the top but the respect they command can not be matched with anything. It is even more disheartening to see the young people accepting dishonesty as a way of life and as normal . Yet we blame the govt all the time for corruption. A wake up call for the nation I guess!

@Sarala Your reply will never go down well with the people who advocates honesty despite all hurdles posed by dishonest people. Actually, I must admit that it shocked me. I completely second the opinion of @usha manohar. Knowingly, I would never step into the shoes of dishonesty maybe for that I would not get to enjoy some materialistic happiness but that's fine with me.

shampasaid

It is true that honesty may deprive you from mundane luxuries. But some times it may be necessary to be dishonest in order to avoid conflict and an ugly situation. Some times it becomes necessary  for the Doctors to save a dying patient. It is necessary to create hope and keep the patient alive or for recovery

If one  uses at times dishonest ways for some Nobel purpose, it's OK. But knowingly if one chooses Dishonesty, it is not good

Ultimately it's the individual's choice that counts.

vijay wrote:
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Interestingly this thread made me think about the thread "You can hold someone's progress but can't stop for forever" started by Jeets where some opined that whatever the situation be one has to face all odds and keep on marching towards his/her goal. One must not give up under any pressure but here on this thread the opinion completely differed though some of them are the same people. Honesty is definitely not paying positive returns in this corrupt situation but I would say it's the best policy because it gives peace to one's mind and heart as well as keeps the conscience totally clean. Honesty is not required in work place only but at home, among friends, with neighbours and so on is also very much needed. Dishonesty spoils every relationship so I am always in favour of honesty.   

There is a paradox about honesty. even the dishonst expect 'honesty'  from others. A smuggler also likes ;honest enployees'.  In fact, the corrupt and dishonest 'very honestly' share the 'benefit of unlawful income' among themselves. 

The dishonest also want to be treated with respect. A customer of mine was once raided by the IT Dept. and a heavy penalty was to be imposed on him. The matter was 'settled' and he was required to pay a few lakhs to a top IT official. Innocently he took the cash to the officer's office and was about to hand over when the officer admonished him and to him to come to his house in the evening. At the house the officer berated my friend for insulting him by coming to his office and showing disrespect to his rank. He was furious and all this happened in presence of his wife. After venting his anger he asked his wife to collect the cash and store it safely. My friend told me that he even had to apologise for his lapse. It had become a routine affair for the officer. Dishonesty was to be practiced with respect and dignity.

One has to be pragmatic. Nobody will generally accept bribe openly. The usual way is send cash in an envelope and hand over carefully. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

rambabu wrote:

It is true that honesty may deprive you from mundane luxuries. But some times it may be necessary to be dishonest in order to avoid conflict and an ugly situation. Some times it becomes necessary  for the Doctors to save a dying patient. It is necessary to create hope and keep the patient alive or for recovery

If one  uses at times dishonest ways for some Nobel purpose, it's OK. But knowingly if one chooses Dishonesty, it is not good

Ultimately it's the individual's choice that counts.

You are contradicting yourself...For  doctor saving life is the only honest thing there is and how can a life saving situation become dishonest? If he has the will he will do it no matter what opposition or red tape there is..Dishonesty and Nobel purpose can never go hand in hand and how is it OK to be dishonest but noble ??? and is the person not knowingly being dishonest to become noble,....It just does not make sense !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

That's what I wanted to stress. Ultimately, i agree it's a dishonest. But one has to to lie if and when necessary.

rambabu wrote:

That's what I wanted to stress. Ultimately, i agree it's a dishonest. But one has to to lie if and when necessary.

Honesty is not same thing as telling lies. In fact, to tell lie in interest of duty is honesty. Honesty means doing your job sincerely and if need be tell lie for your performance.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Whichever way you look at it Honesty is the best policy. Rest is all compromise with an specific outcome in mind. Ill gotten gains weigh heavily on one's conscience howsoever normal one may try to appear. One falls in the eyes of near and dear one's who even though they are the beneficiaries do not respect the dishonest. Frankly it is not worth it but yes it is attractive.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.