Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
rambabu wrote:

That's what I wanted to stress. Ultimately, i agree it's a dishonest. But one has to to lie if and when necessary.

Anyway you still dont make sense, we will leave it at that ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
rambabu wrote:

That's what I wanted to stress. Ultimately, i agree it's a dishonest. But one has to to lie if and when necessary.

Honesty is not same thing as telling lies. In fact, to tell lie in interest of duty is honesty. Honesty means doing your job sincerely and if need be tell lie for your performance.  

I agree. A doctor who does his job sincerely is Honest. And his duty is to save one's life. My opinion is some times it becomes necessary for a doctor to kindle hope in a dying patient. Then there is nothing wrong in lying with the patient. Because the Doctor's ultimate mission is to save the patient.

Anyhow this is my personal opinion.

rambabu wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Honesty is not same thing as telling lies. In fact, to tell lie in interest of duty is honesty. Honesty means doing your job sincerely and if need be tell lie for your performance.  

I agree. A doctor who does his job sincerely is Honest. And his duty is to save one's life. My opinion is some times it becomes necessary for a doctor to kindle hope in a dying patient. Then there is nothing wrong in lying with the patient. Because the Doctor's ultimate mission is to save the patient.

Thanks Ram Baboo. But let me add that whatever we write is perosnal opinion. So it is not necessary to tell. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Even Krishna advised to speak a "lie" honestly by announcing Ashwathama, the elephant, has  died in the Mahabharata.

Speaking blatant lie to put someone in deep trouble or harm a genuine person cannot be appreciated. On the other hand if one says lie for someone's good then it's a different story. I think some or the other way we are getting entwined while discussing this topic. The reason why I say so is, this topic should not be discussed in that perspective when lie is spoken deliberately to save someone's life or to give a little happiness to anyone such as parents do lie to their little ones about Santa Claus but it has no harmful effect because when the child grows up and understands then it all pass by as a fun. We need to discuss and try to motivate each other that negativity is all around but that does not mean we should become dishonest. We all should be prepared for some harsh results for being honest and take it as it comes. Yes, there are people of sick mentality who can go to any extent to take revenge from honest people who cause them despair. That is traumatic and so it becomes difficult to take a decision but practising dishonesty just because it is the present norm then it's awfully wrong.

shampasaid

a lie is said to be good when it is used for the betterment of the people or anybody but when it is used to safeguard anybody to hide his/her evil deeds then it is wrong and it will not be taken in a good sense 

bhuyali saroj

@Shampa is right when she says that dishonesty should not be practiced just because it is the present norm. But the problem is that how many of us can withstand hte pressures to become dishonest. I give an example. I had a junior once come crying into mu cabin. The reason was that his wife was continuously taunting him that the wivesof other employees of the organization had purchased gold and ornaments when their husbands were in the same grade as he was. However the problem was that he was in a dept where their was no overtime and no dealing with outsiders. Employees in many other depts were generating overtime in a planned but dishonest manner and thus drawing much higher take home salaries. My counselling had no effect on him. I had to promise him that if he is able to arrange for transfer to an 'overtime' dept I will relieve him. After some time he indeed got transferred and made peace at home by getting overtime allowances. Thus there are internal and external pressures which also force honest to become dishonest. 

rambabu wrote:
rambabu wrote:

So where was that doctor wrong in your opinion, was he cheating or being dishonest to his patient? A person is branded as dishonest or a cheat when does something for his personal gain. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:
rambabu wrote:

So where was that doctor wrong in your opinion, was he cheating or being dishonest to his patient? A person is branded as dishonest or a cheat when does something for his personal gain. 

It happened in Ispat General Hospital, the hospital run by Vizag steel plant. The Doctor. I'm sure he has not used dishonest ways for his personal gain. A patient was admitted in the Hospital after a Major accident in the Mines. A crow bar went flying during a mine blast directly in to his body from his back, half inside and half outside. In this condition, the Doctor lied to the victim that not to worry. He will be recovered soon.

Had the doctors said the truth that the patient is going to die, he would have died instantaneously. It's because of this lie lived and leading a happy life. He was given an office job.

I think we are a little confused as to role and place of honesty in a civilized order as a civilisational value and virtue. I don't know who coined this slogan of 'Satyameba jayate'. Was he or she an idealistic moron with the head in the clouds ,unfamiliar with the evil-mindedness and crookedness of the real pragmatic world ? Perhaps not.He or she was supremely farsighted to discern that edifice of an immoral and dishonest society is bound to crumble however solid it might look in its exterior - today,tomorrow or day after!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.