Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Honesty is not the Best policy ?

    by » 4 years ago


    rambabu wrote:
    suni51 wrote:
    rambabu wrote:
    Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
    rambabu wrote:

    That's what I wanted to stress. Ultimately, i agree it's a dishonest. But one has to to lie if and when necessary.

    Honesty is not same thing as telling lies. In fact, to tell lie in interest of duty is honesty. Honesty means doing your job sincerely and if need be tell lie for your performance.  

    I agree. A doctor who does his job sincerely is Honest. And his duty is to save one's life. My opinion is some times it becomes necessary for a doctor to kindle hope in a dying patient. Then there is nothing wrong in lying with the patient. Because the Doctor's ultimate mission is to save the patient.

     Anyhow this is my personal opinion.

     

    So where was that doctor wrong in your opinion, was he cheating or being dishonest to his patient? A person is branded as dishonest or a cheat when does something for his personal gain. 

    It happened in Ispat General Hospital, the hospital run by Vizag steel plant. The Doctor. I'm sure he has not used dishonest ways for his personal gain. A patient was admitted in the Hospital after a Major accident in the Mines. A crow bar went flying during a mine blast directly in to his body from his back, half inside and half outside. In this condition, the Doctor lied to the victim that not to worry. He will be recovered soon.

    Had the doctors said the truth that the patient is going to die, he would have died instantaneously. It's because of this lie lived and leading a happy life. He was given an office job.

     

     

     

     

     

    But the doctor might have been telling the truth and he did survive just as the doctor promised him..


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


  • Re: Honesty is not the Best policy ?

    by » 4 years ago


    usha manohar wrote:
    rambabu wrote:
    suni51 wrote:
    rambabu wrote:
    Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
    rambabu wrote:

    That's what I wanted to stress. Ultimately, i agree it's a dishonest. But one has to to lie if and when necessary.

    Honesty is not same thing as telling lies. In fact, to tell lie in interest of duty is honesty. Honesty means doing your job sincerely and if need be tell lie for your performance.  

    I agree. A doctor who does his job sincerely is Honest. And his duty is to save one's life. My opinion is some times it becomes necessary for a doctor to kindle hope in a dying patient. Then there is nothing wrong in lying with the patient. Because the Doctor's ultimate mission is to save the patient.

     Anyhow this is my personal opinion.

     

    So where was that doctor wrong in your opinion, was he cheating or being dishonest to his patient? A person is branded as dishonest or a cheat when does something for his personal gain. 

    It happened in Ispat General Hospital, the hospital run by Vizag steel plant. The Doctor. I'm sure he has not used dishonest ways for his personal gain. A patient was admitted in the Hospital after a Major accident in the Mines. A crow bar went flying during a mine blast directly in to his body from his back, half inside and half outside. In this condition, the Doctor lied to the victim that not to worry. He will be recovered soon.

    Had the doctors said the truth that the patient is going to die, he would have died instantaneously. It's because of this lie lived and leading a happy life. He was given an office job.

     

     

     

     

     

    But the doctor might have been telling the truth and he did survive just as the doctor promised him..

    The Doctor's intention was to make the victim survive at least for a day or two, so that he can see X-Ray reports and conduct some more tests.  That's why he lied. It turned out that the X-Ray report said, the crowbar did not damage the spinal card of the victim. The Doctor was happy because his lie helped the patient. As expected by the Doctor, the patient survived. In the beginning days  there was some stuttering in the patient. But with speech therapy he could become normal.

     


  • Re: Honesty is not the Best policy ?

    by » 4 years ago


    What is honesty? Honesty is just opposite of cheating. This has nothing to do with telling a lie or speaking the truth.  If you are not cheating and getting undue personal benefut, you are honest. 


    G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
    http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/


  • Re: Honesty is not the Best policy ?

    by » 4 years ago


    Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
    vijay wrote:
    Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
    Shampa Sadhya wrote:

    Interestingly this thread made me think about the thread "You can hold someone's progress but can't stop for forever" started by Jeets where some opined that whatever the situation be one has to face all odds and keep on marching towards his/her goal. One must not give up under any pressure but here on this thread the opinion completely differed though some of them are the same people. Honesty is definitely not paying positive returns in this corrupt situation but I would say it's the best policy because it gives peace to one's mind and heart as well as keeps the conscience totally clean. Honesty is not required in work place only but at home, among friends, with neighbours and so on is also very much needed. Dishonesty spoils every relationship so I am always in favour of honesty.   

    There is a paradox about honesty. even the dishonst expect 'honesty'  from others. A smuggler also likes ;honest enployees'.  In fact, the corrupt and dishonest 'very honestly' share the 'benefit of unlawful income' among themselves. 

    The dishonest also want to be treated with respect. A customer of mine was once raided by the IT Dept. and a heavy penalty was to be imposed on him. The matter was 'settled' and he was required to pay a few lakhs to a top IT official. Innocently he took the cash to the officer's office and was about to hand over when the officer admonished him and to him to come to his house in the evening. At the house the officer berated my friend for insulting him by coming to his office and showing disrespect to his rank. He was furious and all this happened in presence of his wife. After venting his anger he asked his wife to collect the cash and store it safely. My friend told me that he even had to apologise for his lapse. It had become a routine affair for the officer. Dishonesty was to be practiced with respect and dignity.

     

    One has to be pragmatic. Nobody will generally accept bribe openly. The usual way is send cash in an envelope and hand over carefully. 

     

    On the contrary I was stunned when a Brig. during my BRO projects management days threw my visiting card at me on my second visit saying I don't want this, I want that ( you know what I mean). I already had it in my bag and gave it openly to him what I was hesitating until then. 

     

     

     

     

     


    I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

    https://o0.nz/


  • Re: Honesty is not the Best policy ?

    by » 4 years ago


    When you are surrounded by dishonest corrupt people , it may become difficult to swim against the tide so the majority would think " When you cant win them, join them " what a sad state of affairs and one can gauge how rampant bribe taking and giving has become in our society ! 


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


  • Re: Honesty is not the Best policy ?

    by » 4 years ago


    I was once travelling with a mid level naval officer and te talk veered to corruption. He said something which I found pragmatic. He said everyone is bothered about the 5-10% leakage or bribes in a project. hardly anyone bothers about the quality of the  90% that has been actually  spent. The attention should be on it because that is what is going to last for a long period. @Usha is right it does become very difficult for an honest person to survive in an ocean of dishonest persons. Mos of the time the honest is eased away or has to submit. But the saving grace is that although corruption is there it is not so widespread as is believed to be and the honest do get an opportunity to perform.


  • Re: Honesty is not the Best policy ?

    by » 4 years ago


    While agreeing, it is difficult for an individual who wants to embrace Honesty will  have to face lot of hardships where dishonesty is ruling the roost. But how can you say that corruption is not widely spread, in these " A Day a scam and no single day passes without a scam or corruption " ?

     


  • Re: Honesty is not the Best policy ?

    by » 4 years ago


    Negative news interests us and that is what is fed to us by commercial channels. Compared to the huge expenditure incurred how much ends up in corruption. I would like to clarify I am not underrating corruption but more attention should be paid on how effectively money is spent which will also take care of corruption.


  • Re: Honesty is not the Best policy ?

    by » 4 years ago


    Agreed. I was in a doubt. The reason for my doubt is News is the only source of happenings around. People like me are fully dependent on Print and electronic media. With that source we tend to use in our discussions. In this respect, I'm not alone. There are many like me. Anyhow I'm convinced with your version.

     


  • Re: Honesty is not the Best policy ?

    by » 4 years ago


    I would request you to also watch Doordarshan news as it gives a balanced content. Watching only a few English channels will make you feel like running away from this country.


You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.