Yesterday was 4th death anniversary of Gazal singer and music composer Jagjit Singh.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/topic/Jagjit-Singh

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Jagjit Singh was a great Ghazal singer. His wife Chitra Singh is also a well known Ghazal singer. Jagjit Singh has sung in many languages like Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu, Sindhi and Nepalese  languages.Some of his popular songs are Patta Patta boota boota haal hamare Jaanw Hai, Hosh walo ko Khabr etc.

He is remembered by all in the Movie world. My tributes to him.

I love ghazals rather it would be appropriate to say that I love ghazals by Jagjit Singh. His rendition is mesmerising. I cannot point out any one of his gazhals to be bad. They are all so good. I wholeheartedly pay my tribute to him.

shampasaid

Ironically, it was the Birthday of the legend, Rekha Ganeshan. I remember her well with Asha Bhosle's songs. We miss the soulful rendering of Jagit Singh, May his soul Rest in Peace!

Swetha Shenoy

He has a silky satin voice, It has a smoothing effect on the listener.. Actually he reminds me of that yesteryear great singer Talat Mehmood. Unlike Jagjit Talat mastered all the genres of light Music. I like Jagjit's " Patta Patta Boota Bota very much

Jagjit Singh and his wife Chitra sang many melodious and unforgettable songs like yeh mera yeh tera ghar, woh kagaz ki kashti and Jagjit;s tumko dekha to yeh khayal aaya, Honton se chu lo tum and Kal chauduvin ki raat , are a few my favorite songs.He was a great singer but had a very tragic life which in turn gave a lot of depth to his voice...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: anil

Life is influenced by many factors so if there is tragedy then it will be reflected in one's work. The death of a young son is an irreparable loss but one has to live on. Yes, it is rightly said that his sadness had given his voice more depth and it became so soulful. 

shampasaid

Creativity is caused due to extreme conditions of happiness and melancholy. The Cubism discovery was caused by extreme grief to Pablo Picasso when his place was bombed by Nazis. This led to him to paint the greatest painting of all times known as " Guernica "

usha manohar wrote:

Jagjit Singh and his wife Chitra sang many melodious and unforgettable songs like yeh mera yeh tera ghar, woh kagaz ki kashti and Jagjit;s tumko dekha to yeh khayal aaya, Honton se chu lo tum and Kal chauduvin ki raat , are a few my favorite songs.He was a great singer but had a very tragic life which in turn gave a lot of depth to his voice...

Yes his only son left him in younger age. List of gazals and songs sung by Jagjit Singh is much long. It is proud for us that his native place is my city Sriganganagar. He gave recognition to our small city.

Why not, . you have reason to be proud of jagjit Singh. Because he hails from Sriganganagar. But the pity is the person who has cheered millions of people through his melodious Ghazals had a tragic life.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Yes his only son left him in younger age. List of gazals and songs sung by Jagjit Singh is much long. It is proud for us that his native place is my city Sriganganagar. He gave recognition to our small city.

I see, I always thought he was a Punjabi..You have a right to be proud of him ! I remember reading about his sons death in a road accident, really tragic !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.