Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
rambabu wrote:

Why not, . you have reason to be proud of jagjit Singh. Because he hails from Sriganganagar. But the pity is the person who has cheered millions of people through his melodious Ghazals had a tragic life.

All God wishes. "Hai Subsey Madhur Wo Geet jisey Hum Dard Ke Sur Me Gatey Hain.

He sung one ghazal in memory of his son, Na Chithi Na Sundesh Tum Gye Knosey Desh...

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Why not, . you have reason to be proud of jagjit Singh. Because he hails from Sriganganagar. But the pity is the person who has cheered millions of people through his melodious Ghazals had a tragic life.

All God wishes. "Hai Subsey Madhur Wo Geet jisey Hum Dard Ke Sur Me Gatey Hain.

He sung one ghazal in memory of his son, Na Chithi Na Sundesh Tum Gye Knosey Desh...

I really appreciate your selection of songs sung by Jaggit. And the song sung for his departed son is simply superb.

Jagjit Singh is apparently the most googled Ghazal singer and some time back was caught up in a controversy when he criticised A R Rahman because he felt that he was only composing tapori music and replicating western tunes and not capable of composing Ghazals that had meaningful lyrics and tunes..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Each Musician has his own passion and preference. Jagjit Singh's criticism on A.R. Rehaman is not justified. AR Rehaman has composed Ghazals too though they are less in number.

" AaZ Jane Ki Zidd Na karo " is one of Rehaman's favorite Ghazals.

Aaj Jaane ki zid na karo is a very famous Ghazal of Farida Khanum, also sung by Asha Bhosle ! A R Rehman might have liked it ! however, Rehman is a very talented composer no doubt about it ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

True, A. R Rehaman uses modern equipment for his recordings of compositions. Then hands over individual notes to his arrangers under whom  Percussion instrumentalists and wind instrumentalists work Rehaman is a very hard working Musician who never goes to the recordings without Rehearsals.

usha manohar wrote:

Jagjit Singh is apparently the most googled Ghazal singer and some time back was caught up in a controversy when he criticised A R Rahman because he felt that he was only composing tapori music and replicating western tunes and not capable of composing Ghazals that had meaningful lyrics and tunes..

No doubt A. R. Rehman is one the best music composer. I don't much about his music but I listen songs of Rosa, Choti se Asha, very very nice one. Every music composer have their own style and flavor. No one should criticize. Jagjit shing is master of his style of music and Rehman is his own style.
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

No doubt A. R. Rehman is one the best music composer. I don't much about his music but I listen songs of Rosa, Choti se Asha, very very nice one. Every music composer have their own style and flavor. No one should criticize. Jagjit shing is master of his style of music and Rehman is his own style.

Yes of course they are both good in their own fields but generally Ghazal singers do have e a superiority complex because the songs they sing are lyrically more beautiful and meaningful and they may consider others below their own standards . However, majority of people like the kind of songs that are fast paced and entertaining..

There are many Ghazal singers who sang in Movies too They did not consider themselves as a special breed.

Talat Mehmood , Ustad Barkhat Ali Khan Chandan Das, K.L. Sagal are some of the famous Ghazal singers who sang in Movies too.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.