Legendary Actress Manorama Passed away on 10th October 2015 and almost the whole industry was shocked . She was kindly called as ” Aachi ” by her fans and the whole tamil industry ! She has acted in more than 1000 films and 1000 stage dramas and also in some TV serials. She is also found be one of the greatest female Comedian !


Swetha Shenoy
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Veteran Actor Manorama dies at 78

    by » 4 years ago


    Thank you Swetha for this posting. It may be that many from North India may not be knowing about this legendary character Manorama. But in South India Manorama is a household name. She has mastered the art of acting in all genres of Film craft. True she is one of the best comedienne for which she won a great recognition by the Guinness Book of Records.

     May her soul rest in peace

     


    Thank you said by: Swetha Shenoy

  • Re: Veteran Actor Manorama dies at 78

    by » 4 years ago


    yes Rambabu, in Hindi she appeared in a movie 'kunwara baap'.


    Swetha Shenoy

  • Re: Veteran Actor Manorama dies at 78

    by » 4 years ago


    Is she the same Manorama who acted as a comedian in some Hindi films?? in any case, loss of an actor is always a sad one, be it of any film industry. May her soul rest in peace.


    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
    - W. C. Fields :)


  • Re: Veteran Actor Manorama dies at 78

    by » 4 years ago


    Swetha Shenoy wrote:

    yes Rambabu, in Hindi she appeared in a movie 'kunwara baap'.

    Besides Kunwara Baap, Manorama acted as the comical tyrant aunt in Seeta Aur Geeta, Ek Phool Do Maali and Do Kaliyan.

     


  • Re: Veteran Actor Manorama dies at 78

    by » 4 years ago


    Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

    Is she the same Manorama who acted as a comedian in some Hindi films?? in any case, loss of an actor is always a sad one, be it of any film industry. May her soul rest in peace.

    Hai Kalyani, the Manorama actress you are referring to already died in 2008 :( yes the hindi actress acted in many comedy like sita aur geeta, do kaliyan...

     

    This south actress Manorama mostly worked with actors like Kamal Hassan, Prabhu... (Tamil actors)


    Swetha Shenoy

    Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

  • Re: Veteran Actor Manorama dies at 78

    by » 4 years ago


    Swetha Shenoy wrote:
    Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

    Is she the same Manorama who acted as a comedian in some Hindi films?? in any case, loss of an actor is always a sad one, be it of any film industry. May her soul rest in peace.

    Hai Kalyani, the Manorama actress you are referring to already died in 2008 :( yes the hindi actress acted in many comedy like sita aur geeta, do kaliyan...

     

    This south actress Manorama mostly worked with actors like Kamal Hassan, Prabhu... (Tamil actors)

    Sorry for my mistake. Manorama, the Tamil actress acted in Kunwara Baap as reported by you. The movies I mentioned above are by the Manorama of hindi movies. I regret my mistake

     


  • Re: Veteran Actor Manorama dies at 78

    by » 4 years ago


    rambabu wrote:
    Swetha Shenoy wrote:
    Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

    Is she the same Manorama who acted as a comedian in some Hindi films?? in any case, loss of an actor is always a sad one, be it of any film industry. May her soul rest in peace.

    Hai Kalyani, the Manorama actress you are referring to already died in 2008 :( yes the hindi actress acted in many comedy like sita aur geeta, do kaliyan...

     

    This south actress Manorama mostly worked with actors like Kamal Hassan, Prabhu... (Tamil actors)

    Sorry for my mistake. Manorama, the Tamil actress acted in Kunwara Baap as reported by you. The movies I mentioned above are by the Manorama of hindi movies. I regret my mistake

     Ram Babu gaaru, it is okay , please donot regret for your mistake 

     

    Even I would have done the same! But i knew these two different actresses with the same name since long, hence mentioned it!

     


    Swetha Shenoy

  • Re: Veteran Actor Manorama dies at 78

    by » 4 years ago


    Swetha Shenoy wrote:
    Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

    Is she the same Manorama who acted as a comedian in some Hindi films?? in any case, loss of an actor is always a sad one, be it of any film industry. May her soul rest in peace.

    Hai Kalyani, the Manorama actress you are referring to already died in 2008 :( yes the hindi actress acted in many comedy like sita aur geeta, do kaliyan...

     

    This south actress Manorama mostly worked with actors like Kamal Hassan, Prabhu... (Tamil actors)

    Thanks for the info Swetha! btw welcome back, after such a long time blush.png


    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
    - W. C. Fields :)


  • Re: Veteran Actor Manorama dies at 78

    by » 4 years ago


    I have no idea about this actress but as @Kalyani Nandurkar said that death of any actor/actress is sad irrespective of any industry. May her soul RIP.


    shampasaid


  • Re: Veteran Actor Manorama dies at 78

    by » 4 years ago


    Manorama was a very talanted character artist. I have seen some of her Hindi movies.  Some have narrated names of the movies including Seeta aur Geeta and Ek Phool do maali. I saws both movies. Manorama's role in boith is memorable. 


    G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
    http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/


You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.